Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$157
Hotels.comUS$157
Expedia.comUS$157
PricelineUS$157
TripadvisorUS$157
HurbUS$165
All reviews two queens grab and go i highly recommend this hotel beautiful hotel free breakfast occupancy beds property
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a ski trip at Windham. When I checked in the indoor temperature was 55 degrees and the AC was blowing out cold air. They reassured me it was just energy mode and would go back up. It never did and peaked at 61 degrees. Unacceptable for a hotel during middle of winter not to provide heat.

3  Thank dtedte
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saugerties - Hudson Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

Hello dtedte,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am sorry to learn about the issues encountered with the in-room air-conditioning system. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, and I trust that the actions that will be taken will avoid similar issues from happening again.

I hope you give our hotel another try!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 December 2020

I've now stayed in this hotel a few times now in December 2020 for different stays mostly for ski trips at Windham and Hunter.

This hotel is either new or recently renovated, and it shows. It is very clean, neat and little wear and tear. There are also some neat touches, such as the roll down window. It is also at a nice location, with some rooms having view of the mountains, and reasonably close to amenities.

Normally I would give a property like this a four or even five review.

But for the fact that due to energy savings, the hotel does not turn on the heat until later in night, so if you go in early, you are freezing. I checked in at around 5:45p'ish and temperature was at 53 degrees. I turned on the AC and noticed it was blowing cold air. 30m later, it was still blowing cold air, although the temperature had gone up to 54 degrees. I called the front desk agent, who called the manager/owners and I was told the heat ramps up at I think they said 11p.

I'm not sure but I assume this is a COVID-19-related expense savings measures. i.e. since occupancy is low and most folks are not checking in until later in day, why turn on heat (or turn up the heat) until later. I'd normally be outraged, but I have a bit of sympathy given the trying times for the hotel industry.

That said, it is 7:11p EST as I write this and the temperature its still at only 58 degrees (minus a few for our body heats and the fact I turned on all electronics to try to warm up room). I can't in good faith give this place 4 or 5 stars since I am cold and other hotels are not doing the same thing (as far as I am aware).

Assuming these are COVID-19 measures, I will gladly revise my review when they end these measures. Until then, guests beware!

Room tip: ask for mountain view
Date of stay: December 2020
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saugerties - Hudson Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Hi newalis,

I'm glad you chose our hotel for your visit to Saugerties. Thank you for staying.

We promise a comfortable and convenient experience for all of our guests. I'm sorry you experienced issues with the stay, especially with the room temperature. I can see these dampened your visit. Trust that I alerted our management about this so we can make the necessary changes to better our service.

We appreciate your feedback about your stay and looking forward to your next travel.

Many Thanks,

Rein V
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 December 2020 via mobile

A great place to stay. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Spotless. Has everything you would want. Very well run.
Two very minor suggestions. I asked about the location of the light switch in the pool area. The lights are on a timer and don't go on until 5 pm. Now, during the winter, it's already dark outside by then..so too dark inside at the pool. That timer needs to be reset. Second, please warm up the water! It may be me, but its too cold. Could only dangle my feet in. As I said, very minor suggestions. If in the Saugerties area, stay here..you'll enjoy your stay.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2020 via mobile

This hotel is only one year old. Everything is so clean and everyone is so nice and accommodating. In these times, this is what I need from a hotel. We had an excellent time on our Catskills vacation.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank vasile123
Reviewed 10 November 2020

We stayed one night here after having a cat accident. Bibi who was working at reception that evening made our stay 5 stars. He showed empathy and helped us with whatever we needed. All employees should be like him. He made a really bad situation better. Thank you Bibi!

Date of stay: November 2020