All reviews morton's steakhouse harness racing horses training horse drawn carriage attached casino buffet restaurant racing weekend free room standard king room nice hotel close to home wall paper pool and jacuzzi shuttle service saratoga race course outdoor fire pit room service
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at the Saratoga casino hotel many times, have brought friends and family probably have a total of 12 nights in the last year. Love the hotel the location the staff, vapor is fun as well. Two of these stays were to attend concerts at the Saratoga performing arts. In both instances (one last year and one last night) the shuttle return to the hotel was a nightmare. They say first come first serve which is fine... fine if they have someone there to monitor who really is first , Fine if the drivers pick up and drop off in a consistent location fine if the driver wasn’t disrespectful rude and incompetent. A woman literally tried to pull my daughter out of the the van as she wanted her space another woman threaten verbally to hit and punch myself and my daughter and my sister. The driver did not ask these two women to leave instead he yelled at me my daughter my sister and told us we could leave the van. We ended up leaving 4 people in our group of 12 behind who had to find a taxi to get back to the hotel. I pay extra to stay here since it has a shuttle service and should be convenient. I could pay less down the road get a cab or Lyft and not run the risk of being assaulted by other passengers or berated by the driver. As I said above this was not the first time this happened this same drive a year ago was just as rude... his van was full because of first come first serve, my husband and I along with my sister and brother in law we’re at the end of the line it was almost midnight which apparently he goes off duty then, my sister and brother in law were in the van no room for more he said he wouldn’t come back and pick up the last few people to which I was one because he would be off duty. My brother in law paid him 20 and told him to make sure he returned to pick us up gave him our name to ensure. He returned but only because we paid him off.

I complained to the hotel then and again this morning when I checked out. I will not stay here again for any concert needs until I can be assured by staff that this process and person are fixed or no longer driving the shuttle

As an aside Bob drove the shuttle to the concert he was pleasant and helpful unfortunately he was not the pick up person

Saratoga casino hotel... you need to fix this you could have had a very unpleasant situation on your hands had I been assaulted while riding in your van

Trip type: Travelled with friends
SaratogaCasinoMgmt, Manager at Saratoga Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Thank you for this review and the information about the shuttle. We will be sure to address it internally and make correction where necessary. Our apologies for the poor experience.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

This is a large property with hotel,restaurant and casino facilities on the key race track. We can imagine when it is race day, this is the place to stay. But to enjoy the downtown atmosphere of Saratoga Springs, one must drive .

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

No need to drive downtown at all! We have complimentary shuttle service that would be extremely happy to take you there and pick you up later. Please be sure to ask about it in your next visit to Saratoga Springs!

Reviewed 2 September 2018

My friend and I stayed this past weekend and I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who enjoys staying at only the best destinations. The Hotel, is quite beautiful, rooms, grounds, restaurants very good, staff were excellent, the casino was fun, there was entertainment (2 Piano men) they were excellent, we threw so much money at them, could not help ourselves. We enjoyed the free shuttle service to the town for shopping and the track for racing. The night we played machines in the casino, it appeared Everyone was winning constantly, people sitting next to us kept winning thousands, even 24,000 after we left the machines. we even won a bit at the casino.
I do prefer having a dealer for the craps table, hopefully in the future they will consider this, it makes the evening much more enjoyable, and i would have played table games if there were dealers not electronic version. Mortons, was great, especially appetizers all tried, all amazing. The hotel and rooms are spotless and quite beautiful, very impressed with the staff and service. We will return next year for a fabulous racing weekend. thank you so much

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

What a tremendous review of our property and your experience here! Thank you very much.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

This well located upscale hotel was certainly and upgrade over others in the area.. Mortons and Starbucks in the lobby. Adjacent to casino , shuttle to all areas with five miles . Drivers were extremely helpful.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MRJILLY

Thank you for this review and our team hopes to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

One of the best properties in Saratoga Springs! Clean rooms, courteous staff and great location! The parking is very good. The shuttle service offered is amazing! Track 2 minutes away! Definitely recommend this property!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Outstanding review...thank you so much!