All reviews congress park grant room maria pia president grant downton abbey third floor no elevator elegant dining room period furniture private parking cookies public rooms fine china couple of nights bed and breakfast lovely park common areas
Reviewed 7 January 2016

We met friends there for a weekend together and it was wonderful. The mansion itself is beautifully restored with remarkable wood paneling and furnished appropriately. Downstairs there is a large living room with a marble fireplace, a library, and a large dining room with a crystal chandelier as well as the entrance hall with a magnificent staircase that rises three floors. Across the street is a lovely park with the historical society and the old casino there. Our room, the Harrison room, on the third floor was large, comfortable with a modern bathroom that included a jacuzzi (not exactly a period piece). The breakfast was substantial and very good and in the afternoon there were cookies, coffee, and tea. Take a peak at their kitchen off the dining room. Very modern with windows that soar up two stories or more. The hostess couldn't have been more helpful. She made dinner recommendations, reservations, and told us about the house, etc. She was very pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Edward H
Reviewed 31 December 2015

I took my husband here after a recent stroke for his Christmas present. The staff at this mansion were more than helpful!! They made us feel so special and took time to take photos of us on our phones. The room was like a dream come true. So clean and beautiful. It was a Cinderella castle experience! I am so thankful for places like this that make you feel so special! It made our Christmas experience awesome!!

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are outstanding and worth the little extra $$$ It is like sleeping in a 1870's bedroom.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2015

Our 4th Jane Austen Birthday celebration was held on December 6th, 2015 at the Batcheller Mansion Inn. The staff was excellent as well as the food served, Regency White Soup , Bath buns, scones and of course tea.
The Capital Region JASNA highly recommends the Batcheller Mansion Inn for any occasion.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2015

One outstanding Hotel! Outstanding Staff!! I was treated like it was my home, my room was extremely clean and it was a joy to stay here.

I did read previous reviews, and I was not expecting the hotel to be like it was, I was further than impressed!! Visit here!! I only wish I had stayed longer!!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2015

A hidden jewel in Saratoga Springs.
We stayed in the George Batcheller room.
Spacious room.
The history of the building was amazing
When was the last time that you stayed somewhere that President Grant and Mark Twain stayed on the same night.
Staff was very nice and professional.
Nice breakfast.
A short walk to a city with amazing restaurants and shops.
Nice to know that experiences like we had are located right in our own backyard.

Room Tip: Best to check out the website that provides pictures and prices of eaxh room
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple