“Anniversary Dinner”

Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Step back in time to one of Saratoga’s most historic buildings. Colonial charm, revolutionary cuisine. Please be advised that menu items and prices are subject to change based on market prices and at Chef's discretion.
Reviewed 12 February 2018

They do not take reservations but our wait on a Friday night was only 10 minutes.
Great selection off menu, great ambiance, great servers.
It was our first experience here but will definately return soon. Prices are reasonable.

Date of visit: February 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,333)

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Spending birthday weekend in Saratoga and decided to do my birthday dinner at The Olde Bryan Inn. My wife and I have always loved this restaurant for the high quality of food and service. We were not disappointed. Not being big eaters, we decided to go with several of the liter side dinners. I went with the fish & chips while my wife ordered the boneless fried chicken. The portion size left us asking "liter side"? My piece of fish was a good size and the coating was excellent as were the fries. The chicken, potatoes and gravy were quite delicious according to my wife. We accompanied our dinners with a glass of house chard and received a tasty chocolate mousse for dessert. Amanda, our server provided an excellent job taking care of our needs and was very friendly and helpful. We look forward to our next visit!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 2 February 2018

I'm a sucker for restaurant in old buildings, this one is established in 1773. I love the atmosphere, the smells and I love old wooden tables. There is also a mug club! pretty neat with your personalized mug! There is also a good selection of beer and wine and the onion soup is to die for. There's a lot of food on that menu maybe too much. Why not keeping it simple.

I would of love a bit more history about the place instead of reading it off on the internet before and after. The staff was a bit rude and pushy This place as everything to be a top notch establishment.

Loose the frozen french fries...

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 30 January 2018

The food here is consistently good, and I've never been disappointed by it. Also, the atmosphere is super cozy and comfortable. However, this review will focus on some great customer service. Aside from good food, customer service is the key to success in the competitive Saratoga restaurant scene.

A group of 11 of us arrived at the Olde Bryan at 1:15 on a Tuesday afternoon on our way home from an out of town funeral. We found the restaurant to be quite busy when we arrived (certainly a good sign for 1:15 on a Tuesday). We thought we had a 2:00 reservation for our party and assumed we were 45 minutes early (the funeral services had been shorter than expected). Upon arrival, the hostess looked perplexed. "You're not early, you're actually late. Your reservation was for 11:00." Uh oh! this could spell disaster for a party of 11 coming into a busy restaurant.

I'm not sure how the mix up happened. There were 11 of us and the out of town funeral services started at 11, so it's likely something got lost in translation while making the reservation and the tables were reserved for 11AM instead of 2PM. It doesn't really matter how the mix up happened. What matters is the way the restaurant dealt with it. They didn't skip a beat, didn't act annoyed or perplexed. They apologized for the mix up and immediately set up a table for 11 in a back room and seated us by 1:20 (a half hour earlier than our original requested reservation time and a mere five minutes after our arrival). The entire staff was kind, cordial and accommodating, despite being very busy at the time and having to deal with the reservation mix up.

Our waiter was amazing. I wish I had gotten his name. He made our experience completely pleasant and stress free. He was quick, attentive, and very personable.

As always, the food was super, but what impressed me just as much was the excellent customer service.

Job well done, Olde Bryan Inn. We'll be back for sure.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Solid town and tourist favorite for many years. Good menu selection standard American fare moderate price. Fast service. Rustic atmosphere especially nice in winter with fireplace. Broken into many rooms so not as noisy as other choices. Would be a 5 if parking and peak times not such a problem. Can be a long wait at peak times and there is parking at the hotel which can be validated but weekends that lot can be full so good luck. We found street parking at early 4 pm weekday dinner but be watch parking signs as cars are towed especially in the hill.

Date of visit: January 2018