“Dinner”

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Amazing food, great and friendly service, wonderful wine
Will definitely go again. Went for New Year’s Eve and had a great dinner at very reasonable prices

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

What an attractive atmosphere. I loved the feel of every room. Light paint with wood- crisp, classy clean.

It wasn’t crowded so talking was easy. Service was very good. Friendly staff.

Seafood chowder was good. I’d do it again.

The Caesar salad was a total failure. Picture a big glop of drowned in mayonnaise, greens with basic croutons. Too bad.

Other people in the party had other salads that looked wonderful so I wouldn’t hesitate to order those.

Presentation of the food was good. Really a lot of good qualities to this place.
Since it is a winery, the Chardonnay was delightful. I’d do that again, too.

It’s hard to rate a place “very good” when your dish is a failure but because the majority of the experience was above average I’m going with that.

The parking lot is small but Street parking is available. leave time to walk a short distance.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Rather than our normal go-to places in Saratoga, we stopped into Thirsty Owl to eat, having been there once before for a tasting. The atmosphere is fun; we chose to stay in the bar area to enjoy the live music. On the recommendation of our server, we had the burger which was prepared perfectly and served with veggies, delicious sauce and fabulous fries. That and a glass of their excellent wines certainly did the trick! Service was great and the people welcoming. Recommended.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

Ordered a carry out Thanksgiving dinner from them, while I was working in Saratoga Springs. When we arrived to pick up the dinners, we weren't given the Turkeys! Okay, mistakes happen I get home that but it gets worse. We ordered two meals, so we received two turkeys. We got home, started to cut into one of the turkeys and it the meat on the breast was rae with red juice coming out as well. We had to put that in the oven to cook some more. We were thinking no biggy, we will cut the other one up. We didn't have much time to complain because we were making plates for the homeless people and we're going to take them around town before we ate our dinner. Well, we go to cut into the other Turkey and low and behold, red juice and undercooked meat!!! So I called the restaurant and I get "Josh" who I believe is the owner. I go to explain to him my situation and he's talking to his child. My family asked me a question during this time so I answered them. Josh thought I was talking to him and SNAPS at me for him talking to his kid, during a conversation with a customer!!! and I quote"I WAS TALKING TO MU 7YR OLD SON, DO YOU MIND?!?! What's up with that!?!? (of course I mind, I'm the customer, kindly tell your child he has to wait your on with a customer who paid almost $300 for a meal she can't eat!!!)Thens to argue with me about the turkeys, insisting that they were fully cooked and that I must have "hit a bone" while cutting into BOTH turkeys. Are you for real?. After a long winded conversation that was hoping nowhere and being exhausted, I finally just gave up. My cell phone died (which saved me) when he finally called back. I told my daughter"Don't worry about, don't answer, I'M DONE!!!" THANKS FOR A RUINED HOLIDAY FOR NOT ONLY MY FAMILY BUT FOR THE HOMELESS COMMUNITY OF SARATOGA SPRINGS" OH btw potatoes undercooked, beans hard, even the Apple pie was burnt and the Pumpkin Pie was still soupy (which was discovered long after our conversation) The only good item was the sweet potatoes. Thank God I made more dessert and thank Goodness Thanksgiving was about being with family. I don't think you need to be running your business Josh, if you continue to treat your customers that way!

1  Thank disabled1973
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We stopped at 3 wineries on our way up to Seneca Falls and this was by far the best one we went to. Like I said we only went to 3, but this by far had best customer service and friendly staff. The girl that gave me the tasting was extremely nice. I picked one white whine to try and did not like it at all so she let me choose a different one to try. We walked out with 2 bottles of wine after not planning on buying any when we visited. Great gift shop as well!!