“Great dinner!”

Max London's Restaurant + Bar
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lake
Description: Max London’s is a casual restaurant & bar committed to a high standard of food and drink. Our passion to provide real food from real farms in our area inspires our seasonal menu. You can enjoy a classic or signature cocktail, a glass of artisanal wine or locally brewed craft beer in an atmosphere that’s warm, welcoming and comfortable. We make all of our organic breads & Max’s mom, Wendy, Mrs. London herself, makes all our desserts, including our incredible sorbets & ice creams. Our Friday, Saturday & Sunday BRUNCH specialties include blue corn buttermilk pancakes, authentic yeast-raised Beligian waffles, omelettes made with the eggs from the heritage breed chickens of American Masala Farm in Hebron, duck hash, & cheeseburgers made from local grass-fed beef. Other features include a soup, pasta & risotto of the day, a slow-roasted pork or smoked beef brisket sandwich, chickpea polenta fries, steak frites from the potatoes of Sheldon Farms in Salem (we make our own ketchup) & smoked salmon (we make our own bialys). Our DINNER offerings always include fish & shellfish, steak, vegetarian fishes, salads, small plates & all of our wood fired pizzas, which are always available, even on our bar menu between lunch and dinner. The pizzas include the classic margherita (yes, we even make our mozzarella), mushroom, sausage, clam and a BLT pizza with Bacon, Leeks, roasted cherry tomatoes and Coach Farm goat cheese. Max London’s is Real food, Real fun & the Real deal. And we at Max London’s hope to see you again Real soon.
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Dinner tonight was at Max London's with my husband and 2 kids. I was in the mood for a light dinner, so I only ordered their marinated olives and their beet salad. Since I was in the mood for a huge salad, I asked them to put the beets over fresh greens. The waitress said it would not be a problem, but may be a slight additional charge. One of my kids ordered their gnocchi, another ordered the salmon and my husband ordered the tuna tartare and a salad for dinner. We also settled on a cheese plate for all of us to share.
The first thing to hit our table was a big basket of the delicious bread from next door (Mrs. London's) and within minutes it was gone. When the waitress came back with our appetizers, she was more than happy to bring back another basket of bread-yay!
Out of the appetizers, the cheese was great, the tuna tartare was yummy but did not need the heavy dressing. Finally, the olives were good-not great. Over the winter, when we last visited this restaurant, I remember their olive mix to be spicier and more varied, so I was a little disappointed.
Shortly after we finished our appetizers and they were cleared, the main dishes arrived. Everything arrived as was ordered, except my "extra greens" arrived as sautéed greens, and my salad came with the dressing on it. When I pointed this out to our wariness, she apologized immediately, offered us the greens at no charge and took the salad back to the kitchen to be re-made.
The salad came back within minutes, and was perfect.
All 4 of us were very satisfied with our meal, AND with the impeccable service. Can't wait to come back here again soon.

1  Thank Ispin2eat

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

For me to say that about a restaurant is no small feat. I have been to Max London several times and it has been consistently good. My only disappointment has been that twice the special I wanted to order was out.( That's not a bad problem for the Chef).The food, drinks and service have been professional in all manners.I will continue to be a patron as long as that remains the same .

1  Thank chefchriswear
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

This was one of the many stops made on my birthday.. and I was impressed with the level of service & the quality of food.

The bartender was extremely professional and friendly. Top notch service.

I ordered one of the specialty cocktails.. which was expertly crafted.

The ‘must order’ item would have to be the polenta fries. They were absolutely delicious..

I can’t wait to go back - if for nothing else - those incredible polenta fries!!!

I would definitely make this a stop on my tour of Saratoga establishments - for every trip!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Very upbeat relaxing place, staff very attentive and on top of things, my second time dining here, many gluten-free options, the first time steak was excellent, second time I had pizza, and wonderful house salad with walnuts and dates. My husband had the burger, very good with steak fritz, which are like french fries with rosmary salt. My husband left that out and opted for regular salt. Burger was big and filling.
For gluten free there are steak, pasta, pizza and other options. Burger was 18.00 pizza 14.00 with 3.00 gf charge and salad 8.00. Steak mid 20,'s came with spinach, other options ala carte. Homemade bread also available but not gf. Very good meals.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Came here on a cold Friday night for a drink. Ended up ordering some apps and pizza. Everything was delicious - my husband said the tomato soup was the best he ever had. The lobster and shrimp/chorizo pizza was outstanding. It was the perfect place for a chilly a Fall night.