“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Salt & Char

Salt & Char
Reserve with OpenTable
Salt & Char is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My husband and I were in Saratoga for the weekend. Friday night, we had our hearts set on eating a particular restaurant but it was closed for a private party. We decided on stopping into Salt & Char at the bar and having a drink and then deciding if we would eat there or not. We ended up staying and it was amazing. My husband had the ahi tuna and I had the english pea risotto. Both were delicious! Service at the bar was great too. It was so good that on Saturday night, we walked up to Salt & Char in hopes of getting a seat on the front deck there and we were able to! My husband got the pork belly for an appetizer and the filet mignon (perfectly cooked) with baked mac & cheese as a side for dinner and I had a salad and the spaghetti bolognese. Everything was amazing again! The waiter was on point and very friendly. Even though we did not get to eat where we originally planned on Friday night, we found a great place and it was clearly great if we ate there both nights.

2  Thank Nancy P

Reviewed 11 September 2017

My wife and I arrived in Saratoga on a Friday afternoon and stopped here after finding out our favorite spot was closed for a private party. We walked in shortly after they opened and had no trouble grabbing a seat at the bar. Since we ate at the bar, I'm assuming you can wait for a spot to open if table reservations are full. My wife ordered the English Pea Risotto and I had the Seared Ahi Tuna. Our meals came out quickly and were cooked perfectly. The food and service was so enjoyable that we actually came back again on Saturday evening and sat outside.The patio sits around 7 feet above ground level giving you a great view of Broadway. For this round we ordered the Spaghetti Bolognese, Braised Pork Belly and an 8oz Filet Mignon with a side of Bacon Macaroni & Cheese. Once again our meals were excellent and the staff was very friendly and courteous. We will definitely be stopping here again when in town.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I have been going o Saratoga for over 30 years. I have never been to a restaurant as bad as Salt & Char. We were treated poorly. The food was adequate at best ! Plus it's very expensive. First of all we had to wait over an hour for our table. We had a 9:00 PM reservation. We didn't get seated until after 10:00 and that was only because we kept on asking is the table ready? No one looked for us to inform us that our table was delayed. There wasn't enough seating in the bar area. We asked to see a manager they were all to busy to speak with us. It seemed to me they were just all walking around like they were in some sort of fashion show. They were parading around the restaurant doing absolutely nothing !!!
We finally sat down. Again, we asked to see a manager and again they were to busy ! We complained because no one even offered to buy us a drink after making us wait over an hour. The only reason we didn't leave was because we met these nice people in the bar area and were enjoying our time talking with them. The waitress, who happened to be lovely, told us she would speak to someone ended up buying us an appetizer. We ordered salads, the lettuce was wilted. We had to ask for the bread... this was good but we were starving by this point. We also had the Burrata. This might have been good but it was ice cold. We ordered two martinis with Tito's and they brought us two martinis with I'm not even sure what type of alcohol was in it.
We finally ordered our main course. I ordered the ribeye dry. No butter or sauce on it. My husband ordered the Wagyu Cap. We also ordered the mashed potatoes and the asparagus. The Wagyu Cap was good, the asparagus cold, the mashed potatoes very good but my steak came out with tons of butter and sauce on it. I couldn't believe it !!! I waited 3 hours for dinner and they got it wrong. I returned the steak and 2 seconds later they brought the same steak out again. They just wiped it off !!!! I returned it again because they didn't even do I good job of wiping it off. There was still sauce on the side of it. I was so disgusted at this point I just canceled the order. Finally a manager came out and tried to apologize but at this point it was close to midnight and it was really just to late.
Honestly, they should not have even brought us a check. We were mistreated from start to finish. We paid over 200.00 dollars for a dinner we barely ate. We had to return everything. It was horrible and the worst part was that the suits in there had a terrible attitude !!!! They were more interested in parading their outfits then taking care of the customers.
Stay away from this restaurant. Don't be fooled by the good location and pretty decor. Go to 15 Church or Prime at the Saratoga Golf Course.

7  Thank Stacy B
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Patio service was very good. Chicken and salmon sandwiches were both excellent. Burger deliciously cooked to order. Best fries! Margaritas we're ok. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Salt & Char an absolutely stunning restaurant right on Broadway in Saratoga Springs. Our family enjoyed an incredible meal with an incredible bottle of wine. This is a great restaurant for a special occasion. Our steaks were all cooked perfectly and it was one of the best ribeye steaks I had ever tried! we also got the sour cream mashed potatoes and they were amazing. Even the bread in the beginning was so great! Highly recommended.

1  Thank DisneyPrincess1418