“A Pleasant Outing for Dinner”
Review of Fish at 30 Lake

Fish at 30 Lake
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Convenient to downtown. We parked in a big public lot across the street. The interior is interesting with tasteful decor. We had a table in a quiet location. Everyone enjoyed their meal - the special, 5 tacos were good and nicely presented with a platter of various toppings. The halibut and the scallops were very good. Service was good and pricing was in line with comparable restaurants.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The title should say “Excellent Atmosphere, Food, Drinks and Service!” I’ve been here twice and loved it. It’s got a creative drink menu full of delicious choices. The menu has several creative, succulent seafood dishes as well as steak options, all beautifully presented. The service was excellent as was the chic, casual upscale atmosphere with low key live music that sets the right mood for a nice evening out.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

What a shame, my previous review of "Fish at 30 Lake" was full of superlatives. Last night's visit was disastrous, bordering on shameful. I understand when a kitchen gets backed up and I rarely blame the server. A backed up kitchen should never be coupled with complete inattention from the wait staff. A backed up kitchen is not an excuse for being ignored upon seating (10 minutes before we were approached). A backed up kitchen is no excuse for waiting to order a drink or waiting for your drink order to arrive. I even had to flag down a different waitress to cancel our entrée and ask for a check. The manager finally came over, apologized and comped the entire check which included bar drinks and a delicious appetizer. A very nice gesture but the manager should have been on top of the situation earlier; she should have noticed that we were seated for over an hour and 15 minutes without an entrée in front of us. Bad service, for me, trumps any good qualities a restaurant may offer. I haven't decided if I will give this place another chance what with so many other fine dining restaurants in Saratoga.

1  Thank StephenNYC
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Contrary to what the Trip Advisor info page says, it is right next to the Hampton Inn Suites, not 24 mins away!

The oysters were freshly shucked and tasty, and the Tuna nachos were a real treat -- and came in a ginormous serving!

The lobster pod was also very nicely done

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I do not eat fish but my husband does so whenever we go to a seafood restaurant I get the steak. Truthfully the steak here was delicious. I order well done, which there is such a thing as a juicy well done but most chefs refuse to do such. Well what a fantastic Chef they have here! This well done steak just melted in my mouth. I couldn't have asked for a better dinner. My husband had a seafood entree and said it was delicious. We are not next to the ocean so he didn't expect top of the line seafood but he said it was cooked well. Finished off with the gelato dessert, which was incredible. Cocktails were great as well!

1  Thank rl8587