See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Mike and Andrea are great hosts, full of useful local information and recommendations. They are so generous and thoughtful, they made our stay an absolute pleasure. Rooms are full of rustic charm, very clean and comfortable. If you like cookie cutter chain hotels, this is not the place for you.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2016

We spent a lovely night in the Yellow Room. The room has two twin beds, a refrigerator, a small bath with a nice tiled and roomy shower, and a couple of chairs. The beds are very comfortable. Guests have access to a microwave, coffee, tea, dishes, etc. There were other guests but we never heard anyone; it was very quiet and restful. We would go back! Andrea and Mike are very helpful and pleasant. We very much appreciate that they are pet-friendly.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2015

I found the inn through Airbnb, and didn't find too many reviews on TripAdvisor. Since I use both for my travel, I figured I should write a review here as well. The Doctor's inn is a lovely guest house in Lake Saranac, located almost idyllically in the midst of a lot of foliage but just a five minute drive from the town area. Run by Andrea and Mike who are wonderful hosts, the guesthouse is a home away from home. It's simple, charming, clean and has a host of amenities that you would need. Being a guest house, they do not serve breakfast but Andrea and Mike are very forthcoming with recommendations of places to go to in town for food. Tea/ Coffee is available whenever one wants it and the use of the porch, both downstairs and outside the guest rooms are available at all times. There is a lot of information available on the hiking trails and Mike can provide further details if needed.

We enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harrrypot
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Susan and Alan are two of the most generous friendly people you will meet. The Inn and it's rooms are a treat to stay in. Between Saranac Lake and Lake Placid there is so much to do. When I stayed I took part in a Murder Mystery weekend put together by all of the B&B's in the area. It was so much fun. I would definitely return and stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends