“Fast food done right”

Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Roslyn
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I've been to several Green Cactus restaurants around Long Island. The one in Roslyn is by far the best.

Service is friendly, quick, and they always get your order right. The complimentary chips and salsa are a nice touch.

I get the same thing every time I go there...a spicy fish fish is always fresh and the portion size on the burrito is enough to leave you full, but not enough to leave you writhing in pain on the couch afterwards contemplating where you went wrong in your life.

This is no Taco Bell. The food is actually good, prepared by people who care about the product their serving, the prices are extremely budget friendly, and you're always greeted with a smile when you place your order.

Look, this isn't white table cloths and fine silverware...its just simple, honest, good food at great prices. Excellent place to stop for good quality Mexican food.

Green Cactus never disappoints, and my wife and I have been eating here for years. At a time when so many places deteriorate over time, Green Cactus in Roslyn has not changed, and that's a good thing.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 14 July 2016

This is ideal for a quick stop for lunch. I ate here between mid 2014 to mid 2015.
their veggie burrito (with rice bowl variation) is good. The 3 salads/pickles they keep on the sides are great. Don't expect great service/cleanliness. I avoided eating the free chips.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 13 July 2016

We have been going here for years. It is by far the freshest and best fast food Mexican around, the guacamole is as good as I make it. I don't know what they use to marinate their chicken and steak, but it is almost addictive! This place puts any other fast food Mexican spot to shame! Everything is fresh - nothing is nuked. Love it!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 23 January 2016

A small restaurant for a quick bite on the go. Specializes in Mexican food. has a good spread of the usual tacos, burritos, enchiladas. A shade better than the fast food chains

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 9 July 2015

We have been eating at green cactus for years. We love the fresh take on mexican food. The green cactus salsa is my wife's favorite. I love the fish burrito without the rice. But everything I have eaten off the menu is awesome.

Date of visit: August 2014