“Good, local, chill.”
Review of Market Market Cafe - CLOSED

Market Market Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 December 2016

Frequent hang. Everything is pretty good here. Amusing wait staff. Being GF and fishatarian makes it a bit hard here, but they're game to make adjustments. Love the fries, good mussels, fish tacos, tempeh reuben... Mixed drinks are pretty good too. Plus, the pricing is right on.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent food. Service is relaxed and friendly. Love their burgers. Fresh cut fried and great lemonade.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We stopped for lunch after a hike and were sorry we hadn't tried it sooner. Having felt like we had earned it, I ordered a beer and my wife a sake cocktail. Though my beer was forgotten, the waitress comped me the beer. I then moved on to a bloody mary that was excellent: spicy, vegetal, and not whimpy on the pour. I'll be going back for one of those. For lunch I had a Tempeh Reuben and my wife had the Bahn Mi sandwich, a Vietnamese hero with sliced vegetables and a tangy mayo sauce. Both were excellent but the Bahn Mi stole my heart. The side potato salad that came with both were very tasty. Not too creamy and had a nice peppery balance.

We ate outside as it was nice that day, something I would recommend. The service was a little slow, but they were slammed. Maybe they could have added another server to smooth things out. All well worth it, though.

If you're looking for a casual place that has very tasty sandwiches, good drinks, and several vegetarian options, drop in and enjoy.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Had looked forward to Sunday brunch with friends here. However, very slow service from single waitress and sparse kitchen staff who couldn't keep up with the modest number of customers. Lukewarm coffee and barely heated/toasted bread although the eggs were cooked fine. Will return instead to favorite brunch places in New Paltz (Main Course and Main Street Bistro) or Gardiner (Village Market or Cafe Mio)

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

The place is cute but the food was bland. The rice and beans were like something a college kid would make. Open can of beans ( pinto not even black) dump on plate with tomatoes And cheese and some cilantro.. It had absolutely no taste and no presentation. Neither of us 3 liked the onion rings which were sweet and tasted like cardamom or something.. Would never go back