“Good atmosphere ”

Add it.
Island Taste Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in Rosedale
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Went on a Monday night for the comedy show and it was good pretty entertaining and it was interactive. You order food and drinks and watch the comedy show. The atmosphere is nice and the staff is attentive.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We walked in for a brunch and was greeted by everyone in the restaurant,was seated promptly,and oh my !!! The food was incredible ! we tried 4 different dishes and couldnt decide which was the best ! going back next sunday for some more !

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Visited this restaurant after it was highly recommended and I had recently experienced another caribbean spot to my delight. Both are in my neighborhood, but for no real reason I had avoided them. From what I was told, the menu changes from day to day and I was advised to try the brunch menu on the weekend. Instead I went on a Wednesday, early evening. The atmosphere was very, very casual. Decor is lacking. It's small , dark, and pretty loud as there was a live DJ. The bar was full with patrons. The menu was not that extensive. Mostly seafood dishes.Not many sides. The food, portion size and prices were average. The drink was great. The server was very attentive. I am going to go return one weekend hoping to be more impressed!!!

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

My family arrived at 6:48pm. Reservation was at 7:00pm. We were greeted by a kind woman at the host stand. She quickly seated us at table 3/4. Long story short:

It was a table or 5. We ordered at 7:00pm. The food was not brought out at the same time for the entire family. There were people that came an hour after us received their food before us. We asked for water 5 times. And we never received it. When the bill came, there were 3 items on there that we didn't even receive! How upsetting.

My experience at this place was so horrible. My mother was disappointed and I was so embarrassed. I would never come to this place again.

Pros: drinks are good, prices are very reasonable, and the setting is nice.

Cons: Horrible service. Everyone seems upset and very careless. Waiting time is unacceptable.

1  Thank Kleb0120
Reviewed 27 April 2016

This restaurant is Fabulous,they play Great Music and have Excellent Food and Drinks.I enjoy coming to this restaurant. It gets very crowded. Despite the crowd and long wait for food,it is worth the visit.The Drinks are well made and live up to their name,the food is very flavorful too. I believe this is one of the best restaurant/lounge in Queens.I would recommend anyone who is looking for a place to dine and listen to Great music to come here,this is the place to be.