“Excellent Caribbean Food”

Dunn's River Lounge
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 8 March 2015

If you like caribbean food - this is an excellent place to enjoy it.
The jerk chicken, curry dishes like oxtails are all excellent and made to order.
The jerk pasta dishes (shrimp / chicken etc) are very good too.
Its a small rest. located on North Park ave. in Rockville Center - a few blocks north of Sunrise Hwy - on your right.
On the weekends it gets really crowded and for good reason - the food is excellent.
Try making a reservation if you can.
Service is also good prices are reasonable

Enjoy a caribbean night out with excellent / different food.
Enjoy !!!

1  Thank Joe C

Reviewed 19 November 2014

Our first time here and we will return. Bought a certificate on restaurants.com for $50 off $100 check, no restrictions. We had no problem making a reservation for a Saturday night. The place has parallel parking out front. It is a small establishment but very nice decor inside.

Service was friendly, prompt, and good.
Food was great, I had jerk chicken-not too spicy just right. Alll meals are served with rice and peas and plantains. We also ordered a side of mac and cheese-yummy! Hubby had the curry goat and coconut shrimp, he was also very pleased. The presentation of the food was also nicely done, very neat and inviting.
Drinks-watch out! All I needed was one rum punch lol
Prices are very resonable.

Owner/management was on premise walking around making sure everything was to your liking.
A live band was also there setting up and playing reggae.

1  Thank Lexnac
Reviewed 10 November 2014

Pre Birthday Celebration turned into a great evening, of good food, music and fun. We tried cod fish fritters and had to order more. They were really good and authentic. Escovitch wings just tasted like fried wings, not really escovitched but they were tasty. The big hit of the evening food wise was the Macaroni and Cheese. Both regular, and with lobster was excellent and loaded with cheese. At 10 PM the Dj started with a mixture of Soca, Reggae and went back to some of my old favorites. The tables were pushed aside to make room to dance. The crowd was mixed ages but everyone danced and enjoyed themselves in a mature fashion. I would definitely go back, the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed 19 October 2014

What should have been an amazing night of celebrating my best friend's birthday this night turned out to be one of our worst nightmare which confirms why I have always avoided Jamaican establishments. I have made a reservation 1 week in advance for a party of 4 up on arrival my party turned out to be 5 instead and you would think that was a good thing for business, ohhh no it became MY FAULT for having another person :-(
Upon arrival 5 minutes early I had to give my name and reservation information 6 times to 2 different people before my reservation could have been confirmed, in the age that we are living in with smart phones, tablets and all things electronic none of these two people had anything in their hand to verify that information I was giving them, instead what they both did was immediately scurried to find a table for me. I have watched them interrupted other peoples dining experience to accommodate my group A VERY BAD SIGN. We were finally seated and of course my brother who drove from Patterson NJ had to sit in front of the storage room door, as if that wasn't bad enough on numerous occasions he had to hold his head down to avoid 5lbs bags of ice falling on his head or water from buckets dripping on his clothes. WE COULD HAVE GONE TO A FAST FOOD JOINT FOR THIS. Lets talk about understaffing, how is it possible that the person who is seating you is the same person taking your food order and the same person delivering the food and the SAME PERSON bussing the tables???? This place is badly in need of a CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER AND AN EFFICIENT STAFF AND WHILE YOU ARE AT IT TEACH YOUR BARTENDERS HOW TO SMILE. I must say the food was great it was surely worth the wait however the food is not enough to overlook all the bad of this place. The band GREATTTTT but how dare the bar promoter to walk around the restaurant interrupting my dining experience to ask for a tip for the band? There was no where in the restaurant where it stated that gratuity for the band is mandatory VERY DISTASTEFUL!!!!! Now that I have finished picking all over my food how about I sit for a minute enjoy the band a little bit while I wait for my turn to use the restroom, ohhhh no wrong idea because here comes the security guard hovering over my table inquiring if we were finishing dining so he could place another group there OMG SHOOT ME NOW BECAUSE IT CAN NOT GET ANYMORE RIDICULOUS THAN THIS.
Oh did you ask me how I feel about this place? I WILL TELL YOU WHEN OR IF I EVER RECIEVED MY BEST FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY PRESENT AND CARD THAT WE LEFT THERE BY ACCIDENT UNDER THE TABLE DUE TO BEING FORCED OUT AND WASN'T GIVING A DECENT AMOUNT OF TIME TO GATHER ALL OUR PERSONAL ITEMS, AND WHEN I CALLED FOR THE ITEM YOUR STAFF TOLD ME ONE OF MY FRIENDS MUST HAVE TAKEN IT....... YOU GUYS ARE THE WORST

3  Thank Shoediva2013
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My wife and I stopped by to see if there would be "authentic Jamaican dishes" ... we were pleasantly aroused with the atmosphere, the music, the service, and of course, the beverages ... Tasty steamed snapper, jerk chicken ... and the oxtail was exceptionally delicious.