“Consistently Very Good”

Residence Inn Rochester West/Greece
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 3 April 2015

I stayed there about 2 weeks on off and I can say it is consistently very good. The staff are always smiling, friendly and helpful. This place offers many amenities pool/laundry room/ cocktail hour 3 days/week with food. The room are spacious and clean, the kitchen has everything you need to cook regular meals and the lobby has many things to offer. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Celine_CT

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

We are currently staying here w our 2 small children. They gave us a king bed and a sofa to pull out. Needless to say the mattress was DISGUSTING and i would not allow my 4 yr old to sleep on it so i made her a bed on the couch. There was hair on the mattress cover BLEH!!! I would not stay here again. The room was big is what i can give them. The hotel needs an update as it is old.

• Stayed: January 2015
6  Thank prep33grl
lphillips2014, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester West/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Rochester West/Greece with us.
I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.

As you noticed, we are currently undergoing a major renovation of our guest rooms this is sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests, like you.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Residence Inn Rochester West/Greece on your next visit to Rochester so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Reviewed 3 January 2015

Overall, it was a nice stay. The free breakfast buffet is second to none, as far as hotel free breakfast offerings go. Lots to choose from! I did wish that it was open a little later than 9:30, however. Even 10:00 would have been nice, especially since while we didn't technically stay there on a holiday (when they do stay open later), it was during the holiday travel season. I appreciated that fact that they are pet-friendly, as I hear most if not all Residence Inns are, and that they gave me a break on the usual $100 per stay pet deposit. As I was only there one night, I definitely would have found the $100 charge to be excessive. The bed was of average comfort. The wallpaper in the bathroom looked tired. They are in the process of updating the hotel rooms, so hopefully they hadn't gotten to the 2nd floor rooms yet. The room was very spacious; certainly more than my daughter and I needed for a one-night stay. I found the room to be very clean. I would consider staying here again, if the need should arise.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DianeT24
Reviewed 16 October 2014

We stayed here because of the availability of the 2 bedroom suites. The location wasn't great in terms of things to do in the immediate area, but there were a couple of good restaurants nearby. We ate at the Olive Garden as we don't have these in Canada anymore. The rooms were clean, and the 2 bedrooms are great for keeping the kids in their own area. The pool was a bit small, but it works fine. The staff were super friendly. The breakfast in the morning was average.

I would stay here again the next time we are in Rochester.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen G
Reviewed 9 October 2014

We are a loyal Marriott traveler and this property met our expectations. This weekend the lobby was under renovation but that did not affect our guest service. The rooms were large and comfortable and the breakfast had the usual selections. The only thing I would have liked to see differently is a door or partition in between the bathroom sink area and the main sink area. The light shone right to the top half of the bed and blinded anyone sleeping there.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family