“Another good stay at the Strathallan.”

The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Excellent location (easy walk to the Memorial Art Gallery, George Eastman House, and historic neighborhood) and a friendly, helpful staff throughout the hotel. Good in-house restaurant and super views from rooftop bar.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Paul W, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Donald C.,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Strathallan Hotel and Spa, our hotel is very unique because we are located in the center of activity in Rochester. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed Char and had the opportunity to see the skyline from Hatties. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Rochester!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I have to admit, I started my honeymoon at the Strath 36 year ago - but times sure have changed. I feel like this is a haughty property that thinks no one can touch it. Beds were NOT comfortable. Room was noisy - we could hear people both next door as well as above us moving around, opening/closing doors. Parking is good. Staff are friendly. Place was busy, with two weddings going on -- Sunday brunch was highly recommended to us by GM of one of the in-town clubs, but even that was sub-par: our server charged us top per person rate and never bothered to offer us Mimosas or Bloody Marys - what the heck? Many of the pastries were dried out. We checked out Hatties on the top floor and the top floor ballroom/fire pit. Maybe next time... And we were denied our hotel points for some reason. Trying to plan a function there next year and it's taken multiple phone calls and emails to get a) ANY response and b) detailed/updated proposals. Not the "service" I expect from the city's purported 'top rated' hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Paul W, Front Office Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear dcr1837,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback, we strive to provide the best service and experience possible and I'm sorry to hear that your experience fell short of amazing. We have a no tolerance policy on parties in rooms, I wish we would have know about the noise issue because we would have taken care of the issue right away. I hope you give us another opportunity to turn your impression of the Strathallan around.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel ( Strathallan )was a last minute reservation because my other hotel overbooked. What a godsend this was. Precious at the front desk was outstanding, very helpful and extremely courteous. A true professional. The ambiance of the hotel was great. Breakfast and dinner was excellent, the waitresses were extremely pleasant, helpful. Also, need I not forget the King suite was extremely clean, large and well situated. The balcony was a plus, as the weather that week was beautiful. I am extremely proud of being a Hilton Honors member after staying at this hotel. Highly recommended. Well done everyone.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Howard C.,

I am happy to hear that you had the opportunity to visit the Strathallan during your visit to Rochester and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that when you are in town again you choose the Strathallan and visit our Spa along with our restaurants again!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Got to stay here by accident since there was a mix-up in my original reservation at another Hilton property. I arrived to free valet parking and a very active social atmosphere (and a wonderful aroma in the air) in the restaurant that was adjacent to check-in. Everyone seemed to be having a super time at ground level or heading up to Hattie's rooftop bar. Room was very comfortable and spacious and the staff went out of their way to accommodate my last-minute stay. Very impressive!! I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Paul W, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear UTCFan,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Strathallan Hotel and Spa! I hope that the next time you are in Rochester you get to enjoy Char, the steakhouse on our 1st floor, where that wonderful aroma was coming from! I hope the rest of your trip went as planned, hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The room was very clean and a nice size !! The wife ordered room service she said it was fantastic.. They have two bars in the hotel they're amazing!! Everyone from the staff were very helpful!! They offered a shuttle service both ways to the concert!!! What a great stay I had.. I will be staying here every time there's a concert that I want to go to !!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear John T,

Thank you choosing to stay with us while you were in town for the concert, I am so happy to hear that you really enjoyed yourselves! We look forward to seeing you again soon!