1,102 results
All reviews rooftop bar free valet parking double tree fire pit great hotel art gallery top floor george eastman house park avenue cookies family wedding king suite living room rooms are spacious shuttle service would highly recommend this hotel business trip
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Got to stay here by accident since there was a mix-up in my original reservation at another Hilton property. I arrived to free valet parking and a very active social atmosphere (and a wonderful aroma in the air) in the restaurant that was adjacent to check-in. Everyone seemed to be having a super time at ground level or heading up to Hattie's rooftop bar. Room was very comfortable and spacious and the staff went out of their way to accommodate my last-minute stay. Very impressive!! I would highly recommend.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Paul W, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear UTCFan,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Strathallan Hotel and Spa! I hope that the next time you are in Rochester you get to enjoy Char, the steakhouse on our 1st floor, where that wonderful aroma was coming from! I hope the rest of your trip went as planned, hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The room was very clean and a nice size !! The wife ordered room service she said it was fantastic.. They have two bars in the hotel they're amazing!! Everyone from the staff were very helpful!! They offered a shuttle service both ways to the concert!!! What a great stay I had.. I will be staying here every time there's a concert that I want to go to !!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear John T,

Thank you choosing to stay with us while you were in town for the concert, I am so happy to hear that you really enjoyed yourselves! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

The hotel is beautiful, clean. The staff seems to be very friendly and accommodating. The area is beautiful.
I took one star away because the room we reserved was not available. They did find a way to accommodate us. We are a family of 4 so we reserved a suite with 2 beds. They did not have any when we checked in and gave us two regular king rooms that adjoined. There weren't any two beds available. The maid service was pretty bad too. She never refilled our coffee/tea and she didn't vacuum. The hotel took care of the problem right away and apologized.
I would highly recommend taking a ride to simply crepes for breakfast. It is about 10 minutes away and well worth it. Across the street is a nice area to walk the canal and feed the ducks.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Christine P,

I am sorry to hear that the original room you had booked was not available, I know our front desk staff tries to accommodate all of our guests needs and am happy to hear that they came up with a solution for your family. We hope the next time you come to Rochester you choose the Strathallan.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

The Strathallan has business travel figured out. Seamless, professional, reliable. I was in and out of the hotel frequently (valet service was outstanding). Detail of support and follow-through was consistent and of high quality.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear M5862TJdavids,

Thank you for taking the time to compliment us. Our hotel is very unique as we cater to both the business and leisure travelers, and we're so happy that you had the opportunity to see what we have to offer to the business traveler. I hope you choose the Strathallan next time you are in Rochester.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Needed a place to stay the night before my move in day here in Rochester. It's location worked for me. It was clean, friendly staff, and worked perfectly for my needs. Would go back. New Spa across the street I didn't get a chance to use, but will go back to try it for sure.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear lauren k,

Thank you choosing the Strathallan while you were waiting to move in, I am happy to hear that you had the opportunity to see as a resident what the Strathallan has to offer with its restaurants and spa. We look forward to your next visit!