1,120 results
All reviews rooftop bar free valet parking double tree fire pit great hotel art gallery top floor george eastman house park avenue cookies king suite living room shuttle service rooms are spacious business trip parking lot char
Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

Normally, I love this hotel and make a point to book here when I travel to Rochester for business. (See previous reviews) I've had quite the disappointing experience this time.

Currently, it is 6:18am and I am wide awake because my room is on the 8th floor and they are doing major construction on the 9th floor. I understand that the construction has to be done but beginning before 6am is unacceptable.

The first day of this occurance, the construction started around 7. I had to.be awake soon anyway so it was just more annoying than anything else. I stopped by the front desk to ask if this was a daily occurance and they assured me that it would begin later going forward. Day two, the construction begins around 9 instead. Now, day 3- at 6am I call the front desk and was offered a free breakfast for the inconvenience? Seriously? I am paying to SLEEP here. I was also told that the hotel has no control over what time construction starts daily.

This major construction should have been an announcement on the website at booking and during construction times, customers shouldn't be placed on higher floors.

I'm extremely disappointed that this experience is ruining my thoughts of an otherwise wonderful hotel.

My review: if sleeping is important, don't consider this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Kilgome
Reviewed 28 February 2015

The room never got heat even thought I mentioned it several times. Other wise the dining and bar was ok. The location was ok but I never heard they would take care of the heating - very disappointing.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Dale H
jayrettberg, Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2015

I am very sorry your room was not at the proper temperature while you stayed with us. Each suite has its own unit controlled by the thermostat on the wall. We also have technicians on site every day from 6am until 11pm, so I am disturbed you were not comfortable. Please call the hotel directly so that we may reach an adequate solution for you. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2015

The top floor offers a beautiful view of Rochester, NY. A nice place to take your date or special someone. Drinks are well made and very friendly servers. The room was very nice, check in and proximity to great museums and Park Avenue is right around the corner. For quint restaurants and shopping.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2015

As so many other reviews mention, this charming hotel is not what you'd normally expect when staying at a DoubleTree. No detraction from that brand, but not a cookie-cutter style hotel that you often get when you pick a big name. Instead it is a charming gem, situated near the George Eastman House, Memorial Art Gallery and Park Ave. The hotel has a lovely warm feeling as soon as you walk in. We can't wait to come back in the spring so we can walk around and enjoy all there is to offer in the neighborhood.

Check in was quick, staff was friendly and professional, room was ready and the cookies were warm. Sigh, heaven. Our room was on the 7th floor, the 1 bedroom king suite was clean and spacious with a small kitchenette, we could have stayed happy for days, not just the planned overnight. Wonderful, large flat screen TV's in both rooms, couch, chairs and bed were all very comfortable. Bathroom was modern, and comfortable for two people getting ready for dinner.

Chocolate covered strawberries ordered through web site were waiting in the room for us, maybe 6 large, yummy, strawberries for $12 price tag. Not sure how many because husband ate them so quickly. :)

Only issues were: floor felt like there was a cold draft, and light switch placement was strange. It has been incredibly cold, so it's very possible that the two sliding balcony doors are causing some cold air to settle on the floor. Was fine with shoes, but stocking feet were quickly cold. The light switch for the kitchenette is way back by the entrance, and there's no switch in the kitchenette we could find, which makes for a dark space between bedroom and bathroom. Not terribly inconvenient since its a relatively small space, just noticeable.

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel, and are planning a return visit soon!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2015

My Fiance and I stayed at the hotel because it was close to Main Street Armory. We were going to a concert. Upon arrival we received warm cookies which was great. The room was big and it was very nice. They have free valet and a shuttle service. We were glad to have the shuttle service. They took us to the concert and picked us up. It was very cold there so it was nice that we didn't have to walk. The experience was great and I would stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple