1,092 results
All reviews rooftop bar free valet parking fire pit double tree great hotel art gallery top floor george eastman house park avenue cookies shuttle service family wedding living room hotel restaurant king suite would highly recommend this hotel business trip
Reviewed 12 February 2015

We stayed at this hotel due to it's proximity to The Strong, but were disappointed overall. There was no working dvd player, apparently in the entire hotel- a big disappointment for my young daughter. (and the parents for that matter) The heating system was so noisy that it prevented my child from napping, and kept us all awake through the night. Additionally, we have never stayed in a suite with a kitchenette, that was completely devoid of any amenities. What is the point of cabinets, if they are totally empty? We could not even get a bottle-opener from the hotel staff. The extra cost for the suite was not worth it.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Karyl T
Reviewed 12 February 2015 via mobile

This property has won a case full of national awards
under Jay Rettberg, one of Doubletree's most respected general managers,

And I know why. When I needed a button sewed on a shirt, no problem. When I needed to be picked up at the Amtrak station in a winter storm, no problem. That's the way the staff responded to every one of my requests. Willingly. Cheerfully.

The Strathallen is located in a quiet, upscale neighborhood near the center of Rochester.

Char, a restaurant that's popular with locals, is on the premises.

Recommendation: The sea bass (not always on the menu), the jumbo prawns appetizer, and the homemade ice cream/sorbet sampler. All excellent.

• Stayed: February 2015
1  Thank 16lincoln
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2015

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are very proud of the awards are team has earned; thank you for recognizing them. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Rochester.

Reviewed 11 February 2015

This is by far the best Doubletree we've even stayed in and one of the best hotels overall. There was a snow storm when we arrived and virtually every person on the staff made us comfortable. The restaurant is top-notch as well.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan. We are so thrilled to hear you think we are the best DoubleTree; we agree! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Rochester.

Reviewed 7 February 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I checked in at the Strathallan to celebrate our 2nd dating anniversary. From the moment we arrived and received complimentary valet parking, to the seamless check in with those amazing cookies, to the extremely courteous bell-hop, the customer service here is absolutely impeccable. Our room was a corner king suite and it was extremely clean and well appointed! Nothing seemed out of place. Unfortunately due to the weather we could not fully enjoy the two balconies, but everything else was absolutely spectacular. I feel that's saying a lot coming from me since I consider myself to be particularly "snobby" when it comes to hotel stays.

My boyfriend and I had out anniversary dinner at Char's the steakhouse on the 1st floor, and again, the food and customer service was absolutely phenomenal. After dinner, we felt so comfortable with the friendly front desk staff that we bothered to ask them to just take my boyfriend and I's picture right after dinner, little did I know that the woman behind the front desk was told to record a video...of my boyfriend proposing to me right there in front of the beautiful decor of the bar at Char's! The Strathallan did an impeccable job of making sure our stay, and now this life changing moment was enjoyable and perfect. We will be coming back here every time we are in Rochester, as well as when we have our wedding at the museum down the street as well.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
jayrettberg, General Manager at The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2015

Congratulations on your engagement and for taking the time not only to write such a kind review, but for sharing the beautiful story of your proposal. We feel honored to have been part of such a special day and a great memory for you. We wish you both all the best and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Rochester.

Reviewed 5 February 2015

If you haven't been here yet you'll want to get in here...excellent service all around from the casual bar to the fine dinning, simple and complex dishes to satisfy ALL plates I guarantee it....the rooms are well appointed and very, very comfortable....great place to meet friends n absolutely to invite guest visiting to be central to all the ROC has to offer...

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing The Strathallan and for taking the time to share your experience. It's always great to hear from our local guests. We are so pleased you were comfortable and enjoyed our excellent service. We are very proud of our staff, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.