All reviews hardwood floors morton's steakhouse outdoor lounge kitchen bar always greeting us with a smile vacant buildings great rooftop recently attended a wedding front desk cocktail hour convention center great improvement annual conference great bartender beautiful view of the city room service was prompt wedding venue
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On October 26, 2018, we hosted a retirement party for my aunt. Let's backup a bit. The search for a venue started in August 2018. Anyone knowing the Rochester, New York area, knows that there are plenty of banquet halls capable of hosting fabulous parties. Nevertheless, are search ended with the Hyatt Regency downtown Rochester, New York. Except for adequate parking, it had everything we needed. The facilities were beautiful, and we were able to get everything we needed to host a party including colored linens, chair covers and colored bows for the chairs. The Room was very eloquently put together. The staff was excellent and catered to our every need, making sure that we had everything we needed when we needed it. The staff helped us transform the room into our vision for the event. When deciding on a menu, again the staff worked with us to find a favorable price for attendees with favorable buffet items. Our buffet choices included Salmon, Roast Beef, Baked Chicken Breast (all meats were in their own special sauces), Roasted Potatoes, Mixed Season Vegetables, and Green Bean for roughly $40/ person. Salad with two dressing choices and bread were served at the tables before dinner. For an extra $8/ person we were able to add dessert which was an assortment of cookies. Water was served at the table with two coffee and tea station located in the ballroom along with a cash bar. We ended the night on the dance floor. It was a fabulous night! Everyone enjoyed themselves.

Nevertheless, as the hostesses of the party, by the time the party ended, I was exhausted. My feet were aching, and I was in desperate need of a good bed and a good night's rest. Because I was busy hosting the party, I was unable to eat when dinner was served. This was not a problem for the staff. They took my food and put it in the oven, keeping it warm until after the party. Well, by the time I got to the room, my food was cold again, but the room was not equipped with a microwave. When I got ready to go up to my room and rest, they handed me my food, so I could eat and relax in peace and quiet. I fell into a very comfortable bed with soft, lush pillows, and temperature controls that allowed me to get the room exactly to the comfort level I desired.

The room was a perfect end to a very hectic and busy day.
Special thanks to Jennifer George. Great working with you!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
aprild677, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear DJKC,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and hotel! We pride ourselves on excellent customer service in a newly renovated hotel, and it seems we hit all the marks! We have a new Executive Chef and his cuisine is delicious. I will be sharing all your comments with him as well as Ms. George, we are lucky to have them at the Hyatt! Have a great day and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I spent a Saturday night in the hotel. The senior rate was good and the hotel had convenient parking and good reviews so we decided to try it. I don't like the entrance because you need to go up one floor on an escalator to reach the main floor. If you have a few bags, and need help, you need to get a bellhop which is a bit annoying. Once we got into the room at about midnight, we were tired and ready to go to sleep. We got into bed at about 1PM and a few minutes afterwards the people in the adjoining room came in and started making a ruckus. There was a woman and a few men. They were all drunk, yelling, cursing non-stop and fighting with each other (verbally). Who can sleep with that awful noise? We called the front desk to come up and see what they could do, and they said they would come, but did not. Finally at 1:30 AM we got dressed and packed up our belongings and went to the front desk asking to be changed to a different room. They were very nice and moved us right way and gave us a nice partial refund for all the problems. We finally unpacked and got into bed at 1:45AM. At about 5:15AM, I woke up from the clicking of the heels of the guest on the floor above us. The hotel does not have carpeting on the floors, so you can hear the clicking of the heels when someone is walking above you, especially when it's quiet outside at this time. She must have been going to the airport, and finally left at about 5:30 AM. The next day I told the receptionist about the two incidences. They were extremely nice and offered to give us a complimentary breakfast, as well as take off the valet charge. So, all in all, the hotel staff was extremely nice, but the guests were terrible!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jennifer G,

I am so sorry about your recent experience you had at the Hyatt, you are right, sometimes when we have noisy neighbors, it's tough to sleep. I'm glad that we compensated you accordingly, but I do feel bad that you had no sleep! Please ask for me next time you stay at the Hyatt so I can make sure your next stay is flawless!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Paying $181/night, I would expect better service. Our room toiletries were not replenished after the last guest, and food was left in the mini fridge. No towels at the pool and slow service. Not worth

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattRochesterManage, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello, Escape39619169979.

Thank you for alerting us to your experience. We have taken note of your comments and have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping staff. We strive for perfection in keeping our guestrooms clean and comfortable for our guests and providing the best service so your feedback is valuable in helping us reach that goal. What you experienced with our guestrooms and with the pool is far from typical so we are taking measures to assure that this won't happen again. Again, thank you for sharing and we hope we have another chance to turn your experience around.

-Syed Younus, Hotel Manager
syed.younus@hyatt.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was good enough but pretty standard. The location was downtown and sadly it’s in the midst of a downturn. There’s no place to walk. I wouldn’t walk at night. The restaurant is reasonable for breakfast so that was really a plus

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Barbara L,

Thank you for staying with us! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast! We pride ourselves in providing our guests with delicious meals and service all around. We are sorry to hear though, that you felt uncomfortable exploring outside of our hotel. Our location in the heart of downtown Rochester places us in close proximity to many local attractions and the convention center so our city is taking great strides in improving and redeveloping our immediate area. Many new establishments such as bars and restaurants have popped up around us and we hope that next time you visit, our concierge will be able to direct you to some great places to visit within walking distance of our hotel.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon!

-Syed Younus, Hotel Manager
syed.younus@hyatt.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staff was excellent. Very nice valet. Food was delicious. Room was clean and efficient. Enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend this to my friends and family. Couldn't have asked for more. The conference was a great success.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Climber499,

Thank you so much for your great comments! We pride ourselves in excellent customer service in a newly renovated hotel and it seems we hit the mark! We hope to see you next year for your conference. Have a great day!