“Great Room and View”

Hyatt Regency Rochester
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 February 2016

The hotel is a great location and easy in and out of the city. I thought that the room and amenities were great, clean and comfortable. Disappointed about not having a microwave in the room (my fault for not asking prior) and seeing mold in the bathroom ceiling. Great pool, my kids loved it.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Thank you so much for the review of your most recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback!

I am so happy to hear that you had such a great time with us and in the city and surrounding attractions located close by the hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed the clean and comfortable rooms we provide and all the amenities. It is great to see that you and your kids were able to take advantage of our indoor swimming pool. I hope that you get the chance to return to the hotel and allow us to make your next visit an even more memorable experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

I've stayed in just about every hotel in downtown Rochester. This is the best one in the central Rochester area. The staff is friendly and helpful. The parking is in a very large structure attached to the hotel, and can be very crowded. Because this is the best hotel downtown, it is often used for weddings, conferences, and visiting sports tournament teams. That can make it a bit loud.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott C
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2016

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your most recent experience. We appreciate the feedback. It is wonderful to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us and feel we are the best hotel in our area! We strive for a happy and friendly environment that is inviting and will make you feel like we are your home away from home. We hope you get the chance to come back to the area and stay with us again. We will be sure to find you a nice quiet room where you can relax and enjoy your time with us. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

I spend 150 - 200 nights each year in hotels and spend a fair few of those nights in Hyatt hotels. This Hyatt stands out to me for the friendly and welcoming service. I made several special requests to which the staff and management responded with overwhelming kindness. So many Hyatts are 'too busy' and very put out by such requests but not this one. One of the management staff there, Lori Cueva, went well and truly out of her way to ensure my room had water and a robe available for each week that I stayed. After the first week I never even had to ask again. Ms. Cueva was also there to orchestrate the amazing 'ballet' that was the morning rush for coffee and food for all of the business folks like me without a hitch. Very impressive too have been the special events that Tai Roche has offered to guests. The valet team is amazing too, providing shuttle services and bell services with a smile every time! Particularly Mike F. who is always there offering help! I'm totally impressed and that is saying something!

Room Tip: I prefer the higher floors to see more of the River but even the room I had on the 8th floor one tim...
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Hello,

Thank you so much for the five star review of the Hyatt Regency Rochester. We appreciate all the wonderful comments about the staff. We are so happy to get to make the Hyatt Regency Rochester your home away from home while you travel. I am so glad to see that our staff has made your time with us so memorable. It is great to hear the wonderful comments about Lori, Tai and Michael. All of our staff strives to make your experience with us a truly great one and the three of them are great assets to our team. We look forward to your next stay with us and will continue to make your time with us special.

Thank you!

Reviewed 25 January 2016

Because of Family needs, we have been back to Rochester six times in the past year, and after trying this Hyatt for the first time in 2014, have come back here each time. It is in the very center of the city, so close to most public venues. It has rooms overlooking the river, an indoor parking garage, a nicely outfitted gym and an indoor pool and spa I have used many times that is usually uncrowded. The room and breakfast option is a terrific deal as the breakfast buffet is great and the wait staff and omelet chef are wonderful - making you feel like you are appreciated and part of the family.

While we appreciated the comfortable Hyatt beds and amenities, what has sold us on this hotel has been the staff. There is a level of informality and kindness that we have rarely seen anywhere. Obviously it starts with the general manager and food service manager, as it includes all of the staff. It is small enough to give us the kind of intimate experience normally reserved for boutique hotels.

Room Tip: Best views are in the higher floors. Hotel is quiet overall, but if you are noise sensitive, ask fo...
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Nicole M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

Hello,

Thank you for your five star review of the Hyatt Regency Rochester! We really appreciate all the wonderful comments you have shared with us. I am so happy to hear that we are your preferred hotel and that you choose us every time you are in Downtown Rochester. We love hearing how much our guests enjoy all that we have to offer, from our guests rooms, our indoor pool and fitness center, to our restaurant service during breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is also great to hear that most importantly, our staff is what has you coming back. We strive to have a genuinely caring staff that works hard to ensure that your stay with us is comfortable, fun and enjoyable. It is great to see that we have certainly done this for you and that you are happy with our service and care. We look forward to the next time you join us at the Hyatt Regency Rochester.

Thank you!

Reviewed 23 January 2016

This hotel did not meet Hyatt's usual excellent standards. On a January night, there was no blanket in the room. I called to request a blanket and a thin one arrived that did not help. I had to turn the thermostat up to 80 in the room to get some heat. The faucet in the bathtub leaked and water spewed out after showering. Not only was that not very environmentally friendly, the water bills must be high. TV remote did not work. On the positive side, the front desk gave us a great restaurant recommendation and the van driver gave us a friendly, nice ride to our destination.

Stayed: January 2016
1  Thank PaulMikado

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. We appreciate all the feedback. I am so sorry to hear about your experience and that it was not up to expectations. If you would like to speak with me further about your experience, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. My direct line is 585-794-4825.

Thank you.