“Clean, Comfortable, and Excellent Breakfast!”

Holiday Inn Express Rochester - University Area
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 16 September 2017

My husband, daughter and I stayed one night en route from MI to MA, and were particularly impressed with the breakfast. Unlike many similar types of hotels, the HI Express offered freshly made egg-white omelettes (right on the buffet--no need to wait in line) and a variety of yogurts, including Greek yogurts. We have always liked HI Express as a chain, and recommend this one!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
VisionsGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Good Morning JoMich,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the selection of our breakfast! We do pride ourselves on having great options for our guests, and I am glad to see that they were to your liking!

Also, thank you for taking the time to write us a review- feedback is very much appreciated.

Hopefully next time you are in town, we can provide a positive dining experience for you once again.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Stayed here last minute on a Saturday night--full house and, apparently, I reserved the very last room they had available. Man at check in was very nice and got me promptly on my way. I was assigned a handicapped room so there was no bathtub, just a roll in shower, which was fine with me. Room was spacious and I appreciated the extra (clean and fresh smelling!) blanket in the wardrobe because I was chilly. For those not used to European wardrobes, it might feel a bit odd not to have a closet.

Room was spacious and that may be because it was the handicapped room? Very, very clean, quiet and dark. Great for sleeping! Bed was super comfy and air conditioner functioned as promised. The "usual" Holiday Inn breakfast had a bit more variety than usual with options to make a pancake breakfast, bagels, buns, cereal, fruit and warm eggs/meat. I appreciated that they had peanut butter I could eat with my banana. Breakfast staff was very very friendly and we were joking around--great way to start the day.

I had a very positive experience at this Holiday Inn Express and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Good Morning Sazoram,

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay!

First I'll say, I am always happy to hear when our guests enjoy the cleanliness and fresh smell of our rooms. I am glad your room was to your liking, as we pride ourselves on providing a great sleeping experience for our guests.

Also, I agree- our beds are great for sleeping. When I travel myself and stay at other Holiday Inn Express's I am most excited to sleep on the great beds!

It was also nice to read that you enjoyed your breakfast. Since breakfast is such an important part of your day, I am happy to hear you were able to start the day right with us!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback- it is much appreciated.

Hopefully we will see you again!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Pleasant staff. Rooms are lacking Lack of space for opening luggage. My wife opened the closet only to have the ironing board fall on her foot. Toilet would not fill without taking the top off. Reported twice to get it repaired. Lack of any selection of gluten free food for breakfast.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Good Morning,

I want to start by apologizing for what happened to your wife's foot. That does not sound like a pleasant experience at all. When staying with us, we want you to feel safe, and not worry about items falling on you! I am very sorry we failed you on that this visit.

I remember speaking with you at the front desk about this as you were checking out, and once again I do apologize that this happened.

I am also sorry to hear that you did not find enough gluten free options. I myself live a gluten free lifestyle, and I agree staying somewhere that doesn't have a large selection of items to choose from can be frustrating.

Overall it sounds like your stay was not the most positive experience and once again, I am so sorry we failed you on that. I hope that if you do stay with us again we can provide a much better experience.

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel was recently renovated, nice lobby and common area.

Room is on the smaller side. Doors need a facelift. Air filter clogged. Converted from an old La Quinta. Maybe why the rooms are small.

Friendly staff, decent (typical Holiday Inn Express) breakfast.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
VisionsGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Reviewer,

First I'll start by saying thank you for your feedback! It's great to know that you have stayed with Holiday Inn Express before. That must mean you like the brand, which I am always happy to hear. I am also happy to hear that you were treated well by our team, and liked the lobby and common area.

I appreciate the feedback regarding our doors and the air filter. I apologize that the air filter was not functioning properly. That is not something that we want you to experience ever when staying with our properties. This is great feedback for my housekeeping and maintenance team, and I will be sure to let them know to check them all!

In regard to the doors, thank you for letting us know about the shape of the them. I agree that they need a facelift, and we are currently planning to repaint and finish them.

Once again, thank you for the feedback on what you enjoyed and what we need to work on. Any feedback is useful for us. I hope that next time you are in the area you will stay with us again!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

This hotel is so nice! The hotel was clean and had a great breakfast with excellent staff and real cups and plates to eat and drink from. The pool was very large as well! We will definitely stay here the next time we're in town. The location is great too; many restaurants are within walking distance,

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Good Afternoon Rachel,

I want to first say thank you for providing us with your feedback! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad we could provide you with a breakfast that you enjoyed and a pool you liked as also!

I hope that you will stay with us again so that we can provide you with a great experience you deserve as our guest next time as well.

Once again, thank you for your feedback!