All reviewsyogurtsmall windowhenrietta roadnice breakfastfifth floorking roomfitness centerfront deskawesome staybreakfast attendantair conditionerroom was cleanmicrowave and fridgeindoor poolbreakfast itemsthe breakfast areagreat hotel
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I was at first had my reservations about an expess, but this hotel was far from anything to be conserned about. The hotel was very nice and modern. The beds comfortable and rooms spacious. The free breakfast was fantastic, eggs, pancakes, hot cinnamon buns yum! I didn't not get a chance to get to the pool as the hotel was host to several youth sports teams at the time. And other then their noise this hotel was fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
VisionsGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Good Afternoon "Nhacic"

Thank you for your feedback!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed elements of your stay with us. I am glad you had a good nights rest on our beds, and were able to get a good breakfast to start your day!

Hopefully we will see you again at our property, and next time you will be able to experience our heated pool.

Again, thank you for your comment- we appreciate all feedback!

See you again!

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We just wanted a satisfactory place to stay before an early departure from the Rochester airport. Very easy access and most friendly, helpful staff. Early departure meant no HIE breakfast but there is coffee and to go cups in your room. Would we stay again? Of course as it meets Holiday Inn Express expectations

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon Patricia,

I am happy to hear that you were able to access our property easily, and that our team was helpful during your stay.

I do apologize you were not able to try our breakfast, but hopefully next time you are in the area you will be able to!

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate all feedback. I am happy to know you would stay again with us.

Have a great day!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Awful customer service
Unlike any other Holiday Inn we've ever stayed in-so disappointed we spend 20,000 points per night on this hotel.
This is coming from Platinum Elite loyal members!

Breakfast employee literally murmuring "Pigs, you're all pigs" about the guests under his breath

Cleaning Lady woke us at 8am, then after realizing she woke us told us to put our DND sign on, we got out of bed, told her we didn't have one-no apology for waking us
In fact, when we left our room at 10am she said "Now are you ready for your room to be cleaned?" with attitude.

We felt like we were a burden the entire time.

Room had hairs-3 out of 5 for cleanliness
Would have gladly paid to stay somewhere else, would like our points back for this terrible hotel!

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana P

Good Morning Diana,

I am so sorry that you did enjoy your stay with us. As a platinum elite member you must travel often, and I'm sure you expect nothing but clean, simple, easy lodging from us, and I am sorry we failed you on that.

We are always looking for ways to improve us our service, so with your feedback, this is a great training tool for my team. You should be greeted and helped with the highest level of service, and I am sorry this was not the case for you during your stay.

In regard to cleanliness, we pride ourselves on exercising the highest level of clean, and if this was not what you experienced, then we have work to do. I apologize for anything regarding the cleanliness of your room, and there is no excuse for that.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback, and I apologize that aspects of your stay were not up to par with what you know and love of the Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent check in, the receptionist was friendly and cared about our stay in the area, and offered help with an airport snafu in the form of late check-out. The rooms areclean and quiet with comfortable beds and an excellent shower, there's a nice breakfast with many options, even for a gluten free diet. Our only issue was the pool, which was very cold (we suspect the heater was broken!) There is a nice patio area in front of the hotel with comfortable outdoor furniture, and the wifi extends to that area. Would gladly stay again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
VisionsGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rochester - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We also thank you for staying at our property!

I apologize that your experienced a cold pool! Being a heated pool, it should definitely be heated! We have since corrected the issue, and the pool is currently warm like it should be. Still, I do apologize you had a chilly swim!

Next time you stay at our property, I hope you enjoy our heated pool more than this time.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your breakfast as well! We try to offer a good variety, and be conscious of our Gluten Free friends!

Once again, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay (other than our chilly pool) and again, we look forward to providing great service for you again, and providing that swim in a nice warm heated pool!

-Corey

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We checked into this hotel and immediately were happy with our stay. John at the front desk talked with us for over 15 minutes about Rochester. The kids loved him as well and left the desk saying "I hope i can work like him when I grow up". After talking about places to eat, we ate at the European place next door... AMAZING DESSERT! After returning to the hotel, John was still there and smiling. You can tell her truly loves the job. He was talking to other people checking in, so we couldn't talk more. He truly is an asset to your team! Also, Donna in the morning was nice! Love the staff here. Excited to return.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank travelboi213

Travelboi213,

Thank you for this feedback!

John smiled when I notified him of this review. I am happy to hear he provided a pleasant experience for you and your family!

It's great to hear that John inspired your kids to work in Hospitality- it's a great industry.. then again, I guess I'm bias! Either way, glad you all had a good experience!

Also, I'm happy to see you enjoyed Phillips European (Though now I'm craving on of their desserts!). We are always happy to recommend great places to eat, and things to do in the Rochester area.

We hope to see you again at our property, and I know John is looking forward as well.

Thank you again for the feedback.