“Sauce :/”

Moma Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #530 of 1,443 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed 20 December 2014

Went there for dinner and was not impressed with my meal. The atmosphere and service was great but the lasagna sauce was not good. A different menu item without sauce would have been better option. My wife has seared shrimp with angel hair which she enjoyed. Would think twice about what I ordered if we go back.

Reviewed 29 November 2014

After choosing not to wait 30 minutes at Bella Vita in Webster, we decided to try Moma. Saturday night of a holiday weekend, several people at the bar, several tables seated. Not packed. Were seated immediately. Hostess brought water and bread about 10 minutes later. Server came to the table maybe a full 15 minutes after we arrived. Debbie was very nice, friendly, and I believe was the only server on duty. Took drink and food order at the same time. Out of the first beer ordered so second beer arrived another 10 minutes later and would have preferred it be served with a glass but never asked. My wine after. Salad came quickly. Bread is delicious. Ordered another serving. Food was served and was hot and didn't appear to have been sitting around. Tortellini with pancetta and peas was very good. Chicken Parm was served with 2 large pieces of chicken and ziti. Was good. Never asked if we wanted another drink. With tip $63 for 2 drinks, 1 salad, 2 entrees. Overall, would recommend it but clearly they were under staffed on a Saturday night. We would have spent more $$ on at least one more cocktail if we'd been asked. Too many tables for one server to provide that level of service.

1  Thank jackiepaddy
Reviewed 7 November 2014

Finally gave Moma a try and loved the nice inviring bar area and the well decorated dining room. All very clean and comfortable. Bar service was great but surprised at how few patrons there were and hence not much staff. The bar server also had to double as our dinner server and she was awesome - but too bad she was doing multiple jobs.

I loved my Chicken Parm - huge portions and pretty tasty (sauce was mild - but i recognize some don't like their sauce too flavorful or spicy so chefs need to bland it down sometimes). The meal was piping hot - loved that. My guests ravioli was fancy and unique but a bit salty and not nearly the same huge portion I got - but it was still plenty for her. We will both enjoy a second meal from our leftovers.

We will be back - I do hope they get the attention of local folks - I'd sure liek to see them succeed and fill the house!

Reviewed 30 October 2014

First time here and definitely a HUGE difference than the previous establishment. The place was very clean... Very nice atmosphere. Simple menu, delicious food! Meatballs and arancinni are a must try! I highly recommend this place for dinner! I will definitely be back anytime I am in Webster. The prices are very reasonable.

~ Michele

Reviewed 19 September 2014

I have now been there 3 times for dinner & plan on going back many more. Great food, atmosphere, & service!!! I hear they have bands on Friday nights so will plan on going and checking that out also.

1  Thank dksousa