“It's Not Just Pizza”

Ranked #94 of 1,443 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed 12 November 2017

My husband and I decided to go to Giuseppe's Pizzeria for lunch. I ordered the Italian Wedding Soup and the Homemade Gnocchi with a meatball. My husband had the Pasta Fagioli Soup and Penne with Vodka Sauce. We both felt that the lunch portions were large and reasonably priced. They were served with a warm crusty Italian bread. It was obvious to me that my gnocchi were homemade and they were delicious. My husband also enjoyed his Penne. Giuseppe's has a bakery and pizzeria as part of the restaurant, but they are separated. The restaurant has tablecloths (something I don't see as often any more). The area is not large. Service was good and our server was pleasant. This is a place we sometimes forget about, but want to visit more often!!!!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I have eaten lunch or dinner at Giuseppe's twenty or thirty times. Never disappointed. They serve everything from sandwiches and salads to full course dinners. The menu is decidedly Italian, fresh and well prepared. The meal starts with a basket of freshly baked warm Italian bread and is fairly extensive....eggplant, tripe, pizza, pasta, calamari, sandwiches (all on fresh bread). When you eat at Giuseppe's, you feel like you are at home...everyone is welcoming and aims to please.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

This is our Go To choice for take out in the area. Always freshly prepared with authentic Italian recipes. If you can't get a meal from your Nana, go to Giuseppe's. She won't mind, I promise.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Met my daughter and granddaughter here for my granddaughter's birthday. She picked it out - she;s vegetarian and she thought the menu would please everyone. It did!
My granddaughter chose the stuffed shells with marinara sauce. It came with meatballs or sausage, but I took those. I ordered the ravioli - 2 large raviolis stuffed with ricotta - creamy, yummy. I took 1 after eating 2 (almost took 1 1/2 but then I started snacking!)
The rest of the table all enjoyed their meals but I don't remember what they had - sorry!
As we were contemplating dessert, the power went out due to an accident on the street! It was soon back on and we decided against dessert this night.
Service> Super
Food> Good!
Value> Pretty Good
It's tucked away in a corner of the plaza, but it's worth looking for.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Good "home cooked" meal. Everyday Italian comfort food. Not a fancy place so the prices are reasonable.