“Tender Oxtails and Curry Goat”
Review of Peppa Pot

Peppa Pot
Ranked #328 of 1,386 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We tried to come here one Sunday around five pm, but they were closed early because they ran out of food. We returned a couple days after, on a Tuesday around 1 PM. We were the only ones there and got immediate service because it was in between meal hours.

We ordered oxtail, curry goat, codfish with beans, and jerk chicken. The oxtail was fell of the bone tender. Curry goat was perfectly flavored, and if you like lamb, you'll like this. The codfish with beans was juicy but didn't come with a lot of fish. The jerk chicken had a nice little kick.

Service was excellent. Our water got refilled quickly, and our food arrived quickly. Peppa Pot was very generous with large helpings of 2 sides of cabbage and rice and beans. I will definitely try to return, but I will call if it's close to closing hours to make sure there is still food left.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

My son and I were looking for something different for lunch. I said to him "I know a place we can try!" So went went to Peppa Pot. W had jerk chicken and he had oxtail. The lunch es came with rice and beans,plaintain, biscuit and cabbage. Everything was very good.
I would recommend to everyone that they try the Peppa Hut.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

Needed a change and came across this online. Decided to give it a try and was not disappointed. A small place and not so fancy but big on flavor. Service was quick, the food reminded me of my mother's cooking too. Very reasonable price for what is on the plate. I left feeling very satisfied.

1  Thank GLADSTONE W
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Props pot was pretty good. This was my first time coming here and the selection of food wasn't much for the sides, but the oxtails were good. I may come back again since it's a convenient area and the food was decent.

2  Thank Reen0040
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Tucked away on a corner on Gregory Street between Mount Hope Avenue and South is a small informal restaurant offering an array of fresh traditional Jamaican and Caribbean food and home made juices. It's not fancy but the food is good and that's what counts here. You can eat in or take out and when they run out of food they close - so go early. You can bring your own beer or wine. They have a vegetarian dish and a good array of sides - rice and beans, plantains, etc. We have taken friends who have lived in Rochester a long time there and, because the food is so good, they were surprised they had never heard of it. Give it a try.

1  Thank TomX