“Good for us adults and teenagers. ”

The Strong National Museum of Play
Ranked #1 of 117 things to do in Rochester
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Strong is a highly interactive, collections-based museum devoted to the history and exploration of play. It is one of the largest history museums in the United States and one of the leading museums serving families. The Strong houses the world's largest and most comprehensive collection of historical materials related to play and is home to the International Center for the History of Electronic Games, the National Toy Hall of Fame, the World Video Game Hall of Fame, the Brian Sutton-Smith Library and Archives of Play, the Woodbury School, and the American Journal of Play. Together, these enable a multifaceted array of research, exhibition, and other interpretive and educational activities that serve a diverse audience of adults, families, children, students, teachers, scholars, collectors, and others around the globe.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I must admit.... My wife and daughter were not looking forward to this trip that my son and I had planned. But they were soon loving the place....my tip is that if you have teens start with the second floor since that's what they will find more interesting.

Strong M, Manager at The Strong National Museum of Play, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

It is great to hear that your whole family enjoyed the museum and the second floor in particular. Thank you for providing a review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,937)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"kids and adults"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed 12 August 2018

If you enjoy going to the museum, it's a very good one! I'll be back again with my kids! Such a special day for us! Thnks!

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you and your family soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We came at 10
And stayed until close. Three adults, a 3, 4, 7 year old. All of us had a GREAT day. Sesame Street, history of video games, Wegmans were highlights. Plus the walk down memory lane. Lunch options include Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Subway. The best $$ we spent the whole vacation.

Thank you for a great review. We are happy to hear that your whole family had a great day with us! We hope you will visit us again the next time you are in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

This place is absolutely AMAZING! My kids (9, 6 & 4) has such a wonderful time! We spent the whole day there and were able to see everything, but I would have loved to go back a second day; there is just SO MUCH to see and do! The kids especially loved the pretend Wegmans, I’m pretty sure they could have spent a whole day in there alone!

I’m not sure if you are able to bring your own packed lunches in, but there is a small food court at the front of the museum that has a Subway, Taco Bell & Pizza Hut.

I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about this place, we will definitely be back!!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many of the exhibits and Wegmans Super Kids Market in particular. We look forward to seeing you again!