“Lunch or Dinner ... Always friendly service”

D'Mangu Dominican Restaurant
Ranked #234 of 1,471 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Food is rich in flavor, plates are well presented, with a good amount of food! We always share our plates to try something different. We tried the Ensalada de carrucho and the Mofongo con carrucho this time around. We got fruit juice this time too. Dinner was great, not as crowded as we thought, the service was great. Nice place to get some Dominican Style food :)

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 3 July 2017

The restaurant is clean with friendly staff and delicious food. Be warned that food is made fresh so you will have to wait to be served once you've placed order. We were visiting from Toronto and we were not disappointed. Food portion was excellent, my mom could not finish. The Patacones (appetizer) were delicious...must try. I will definitely be making the 2 1/2 hour drive to eat here again. If in the Rochester area then D'Mangu Restaurant is a must try and you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Okay being as I work for the usps around the corner it's really nice being able to have Spanish food on my lunch break ..the girls who work there seem nice and friendly ..had to wait a few mins to get my order but that's no big deal being those girls look amazing there was like four or five woman working and they all are beautiful .the food isn't bad either...I got the smothered chicken it was good co worker get the baked chicken it also was good ..amd the 3 milk cake witch is amazing...I get two pieces everytime I go ...nice and full at work ...over all its really a nice place...everytime is gonna be different...if you go in there with attitude you'll get it back...juts my opinion

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank Tony T
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

We loved the food cooked fresh daily at this hidden gem of a restaurant! We have had stewed pork, stewed chicken and roasted pork, veggies too!! So yummy, reasonably priced!! Eat in or Take out!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Have not eaten Dominican food before. My daughter likes to be adventurous in restaurants she chooses. We all ordered something different. Chicken D'Mangu, Mofongo, Tropical Chicken, Tropical Pork. Meals came with rice, salad, and beans. The food didn't blow me away, but I would eat here again.

Date of visit: November 2016