US$112
Book now, pay at stay
US$102
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Express Rochester - Greece(Rochester)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$215
US$199
Priceline
US$193
All reviewsgenesee riverriver viewwalk along the riverfront desktwo bedroom suitepedestrian bridgesmall kitchenrochester universityfire pitoutside patiosocial hourbeer and wineevening receptionkitchen areahotel is locatedfull kitchenoatmeal
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I appreciate the staff working with my husband to create a lovely surprise for me. I understand not booking directly through the hotel you may not get the best rooms, but would have preferred a room on a higher floor. Being on the level with the gym n walking path was a little noise., but stay was overall good. Nice view at the back, it was raining and I wasn’t feeling too well so couldn’t go outside n take advantage of the nice view with the canal in the back and nice fall foliage.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017

. Booked this hotel through Priceline/Booking.com as a pay when you stay. I called at 11 am to see if we could check in early to drop bags off. In a not so friendly manor I was told no absolutely not. They were booked solid the night before and unable to let us in between 1:30 -2pm. (Not even a ‘we will see what we can do for you. Stop in and drop your bags off use the pool and facilities’…) Ok. We picked up our daughter at college did a few things in the area & had an early dinner. Got to the hotel at 6:10pm. The person at the front desk told me my reservation had been canceled as of 6pm! What??? Apparently they attempted to charge the credit card account that I had used at the time of the PAY WHEN YOU STAY reservation. This card was not how I intended to pay upon arrival. At 6:10 I did not have a room. I was told Booking.com attempted to reach me via email. I did receive an email at approximately 12:40 telling me I had until 6pm to contact them however I don't check my email while hiking. (Again having been told I could not check in early now they are trying to charge my card early) As my family of 7 stood in the lobby with no room and no help I again spoke to the women at the front desk questioning how in 10 min I went from having a suite to not even being offered a queen room or some type of assistance. She said well WE OVERBOOKED and you didn’t arrive in time to keep your reservation! The best she could do was tell me the Holiday Inn most likely had room’s downtown. After a few calls we did find a Comfort Hotel with an available room. While the room was comfortable the hotel had 0 amenities. 4 of us stayed there. 2 drove 2 hours back home and one return to dorm. By the time we got settled it was too late for another evening activity as we had planned. Not the family birthday visit we expected. DISAPPOINTED doesn’t come close. Can't give a true overall rating as we never got passed the lobby
!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Hi TullyMom64!

Thanks for considering staying with us and sharing your concerns. We're sorry to have missed the chance to host you because of an issue with your reservation from Booking.com. We are committed to bring true hospitality to life, everyday. That said, I passed this on to our executive team for review, and I sent you a private message to learn more about your stay details.

Again, we value your feedback, and we hope that we can win back your heart back and try us again.

Many thanks,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Desk clerk did honor his commitments. Cab ride was more than he said; wake up calls rang twice AND IN BOTH ROOMS instead of just one (at 4am); did not have breakfast ready; advised to get to airport 1/2 earlier than we planned which was NOT necessary; recommended restaurant to walk to was not open. Terrible desk info. Room was OK but bed sagged to middle and pillows were enormous. Rug was dirty. But the firepit and view of the river was lovely. Close to airport

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Brian P, Manager at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

hobbes63069 - I'm sorry to hear about your stay and would love the opportunity to speak with you in more detail regarding the stay. Please give me a call directly at 585.613.3402 so I can make this right.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The room was great, the staff was very friendly and the accomodations were very nice. We enjoyed the manager dinners and the breakfasts. The firepit was a nice addition. The only downpart was a person at the firepit smoking an awful cigar. This eliminated anyone else relaxining at the pit. Maybe consider forbidding cigar smoke in the area.....

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: They were great with our dog...thank you.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I had an excellent stay in this hotel. Mack Jewell who checked me in could not have been kinder. I had been at the hospital all day with my husband who was having surgery and I had not eaten all day. He offered me a complimentary meal and upgraded my room so that I was more comfortable. In the morning Jesus, who was the AM clerk gave me excellent directions back to the hospital. I am not accustomed to driving in city traffic and his directions were spot-on and I was back at the hospital in minutes. Excellent service!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family