“Good Food ”

Singh's Roti Shop & Bar
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Always make a trip to Singh's every time we are in Queens. One of the best roti shop on Liberty. Food is always good but the restaurant is not well organized. There is always a line due to popularity and poor lay out

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Curried chicken, beef, lamb, vegetables can be found in this cafeteria style restaurant. I liked the Guyanese Chinese food. Loved the fried chicken and fried rice. The stuffed roti with curry was tasty. The people were friendly. No waitstaff, but there is a bar.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

It's for places like this that I wish Tripadvisor allowed you to have a wider range of ratings between numbers. Anyway, been to this place a few times now and it warrants a solid 3 stars at least. There is the potential for plenty of downside to this place but the thing that matters the most, the food, is almost always on point. Here's a breakdown of the experience:

The pro's:
The food is great, especially if you manage to get the rotis and aloo pies right out of the oven, my my aren't they delectable. I've always had the vegetarian curries and those have always been good. My friends go crazy for the chicken curry as well.
It is insanely cheap, unimaginable prices for the amount of food you get. It's hard to believe places this cheap exist in new york city.
The atmosphere is hit or miss, depending on when you go. One of the times I went they had a band signing bollywood songs which was a lot of fun!

The cons:
The crowd, especially on weekend evenings/nights can tend to be sketchy. There is always a few families around and I've never actually felt threatened but there have been a few unsavory looking characters hanging around.
The service is confusing and arbitrary. A lot of the ladies behind the counter are very sweet but the whole process of ordering is rather confusing. You order with one person who is simultaneously taking orders from other people and then sets your food down near the cashier. Since there are multiple people ordering all the time though it gets shambolic, especially when its crowded.
Its cash only which is a little annoying.
It isn't the cleanest establishment and tends to be grimy, the way you'd expect at a fast food joint.

I'd recommend checking it out for some delicious Indo carribbean food but I think afternoons and less busy nights are a better bet.

1  Thank Varun D
Reviewed 5 January 2016

I have been a frequent customer at Sing's Roti Shop & Bar in Richmond Hill, NY. I have enjoyed the meals and would recommend them to anyone who is visiting New York.

Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

The roti there just doesn't wow me. This is mostly due to the fact that the Protein is in a sea of oil which I find unappetizing. However, one highlight that I will mention is the doubles which are amazing