“Miss you NY Pizzeria!”
Review of New York Pizzeria

New York Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

Best pizza in the area! Worth the trip if you are staying nearby while your child is participating @ Cooperstown Dreams Park, or if you are in the area for Glimmerglass Opra.
Nice place to eat in or take out. Relaxed atmosphere.
Friendly staff, hometown hospitality.
One minute from NYS Rt 28.
(Rt 28 runs from NYS thruway exit in Herkimer, to Cooperstown, home of baseball.)

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

For the first time I can say that I wasn't impressed. My order was wrong both the pizza and the wings. They did take care of it and were apologetic in person but seemed very rude over the phone when I first called about the issue. It's usually a stop I make everytime I'm in town, but definitely won't be on my priority list next time. Over all the pizza and wings were average.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 23 January 2016

I order pizza from here and they made it the way I wanted it. The owners here are great people and all the staff is great as well. Pizza here is the BEST around. I DO NOT eat at the chains anymore. Nice thing is that they are open year round including the cold and snowy days when nobody wants to be out. I can count on them being opened. NYPR is the first place i ate at when I moved into town a year ago! ;-)

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

The pizza is amazing! Every time we come to New York to visit family this is a must stop. My wife who is from another state absolutely loves this place! I myself have been eating it for years and really like the pizza. I must try if ever in the Richfield Springs New York area.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 9 September 2015

Following a hot day at the beach in Cooperstown, I was hungry, but I knew I didn't want a big meal or anything expensive. I had stopped at NY Pizzeria for the first time in July and enjoyed a meatball tunnel. This time, I ordered a calzone with one free topping (sausagel). The clerk told me it would take 20 minutes. The restaurant wasn't busy, so the one chef (owner?) took about 15 minutes to make the calzone.

I was surprised and delighted by the size and taste. It was high, the dough tasted fresh and it covered the paper plate. It had very ample fillings of ricotta and chewy mozzarella cheese. The sausage was in bite-sized pieces. It was adequate, though I would have liked a little more sausage. I ate only half of it while there and took other half home to enjoy later. It also came with two small cups of marinara sauce. I liked that the sauce was optional and you could apply as much or as little as you wanted so the calzone didn't get soggy. The cost (with tax) was just $8.95. I ordered takeout, but I sat at one of the small outdoor tables.

The staff is friendly and chats with customers (most of them appear to be local) and the sole waitress takes time to get your feedback. They have a diverse menu and it often takes me 5 minutes to decide what I want to order. I plan to stop in again when I'm in the area.

Date of visit: September 2015