“Awesome”

Matchbox Cafe
Ranked #9 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Farm to table, made from scratch, all natural comfort food and cookies. Home of the Matchbox veggie FarmBurger- the most delicious handmade, all natural Veggie Burger.
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Looking for a good spot in Rhinebeck away from the town crowd. The people who run this place obviously love what they do as it comes out in the food and baked goods. Tiny spot with tons of great food. Stop by and try this place you won't be disappointed. I had a PO Boy and it was one of the top 5 sandwiches I've had in past years.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

We often stop at the Matchbox Café when taking rides along the Hudson. We have been there for dinner and lunch and both offer great dining options. Not fancy, but the food is delicious and the people are helpful and attentive.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Every time we eat here we have a great time. The food is consistently great. I'm currently obsessed with the shrimp po'boy. Absolutely every thing they make is delicious. If you can manage to save room for dessert you will have a hard time choosing but no matter what sweet you pick you will be in for a treat. The owners are always there working hard with smiles on their faces. They are the nicest people. We love The Matchbox and eat here whenever we're in Rhinebeck.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Love this little restaurant in a big way!! The proprietors are the cats pajamas! Thanks so much for the grass fed burgers and all the delicious food choices!

Reviewed 8 August 2016

My wife and I have eaten there a few times and they do do good food. Burgers are the best around. However. the woman owner is a rude, mean, snotty, privileged excuse for a human being. (I am endeavouring to be restrained here). The man is pleasant enough.
Today we phoned in an order as my wife had a short lunch hour. When we arrived,20 minutes later, the order was not ready. (burgers and fries) and I asked how long it would be. She answered that "it is next up, it's not magic you know!" WHAT?
As the food is good we may go back again but I am definitely going to avoid her. This is not the first time she had demonstrated an attitude. They are from Manhattan and seem to think that Upstate Rhinebeck locals are beneath them. There have often been comments before about how Manhattanites come up from the city to eat there.
Big deal, go back to the City if you want all City people.