“delicious sushi”

Nishiki Sushi
Ranked #5 of 62 Restaurants in Rensselaer
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 14 June 2018

In spite of being in a strip mall, and looking pretty modest from the outside, Nishiki Sushi is super delicious, fresh, well made. The decor is simple and elegant. The staff are friendly and very efficient. Absolutely no complaints. We loved the special sushi wrapped in cucumber. So crunchy and light. Everything we ordered was great. We will be back!

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Searched TA fir local Asian when one of my colleagues suggested sushi and Asian for dinner. Found Nishiki had good reviews and was close by. Four of us had a great dinner. Two colleagues had chicken teriyaki which they said was great and very fresh tasting. My sushi was excellent and Sexy on the Beach roll was extremely tasty. App’s were especially good and enjoyed by everyone. Friendly and attentive staff made for a fine evening. Would definitely go back if ever in the area again.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

My husband and I were looking for a place close to home to have some sushi and hibachi and decided to try this restaurant and we are very glad we did. Their specialty rolls (we tried two - the Christmas Roll and Sexy on the Beach Roll) were out of this world. My husband had steak hibachi which includes rice, veggies, soup/salad, etc. and he said it was delicious and I had the spicy maki combo which was equally delicious. We chatted with the owner and the entire experience was one we'll have to duplicate because we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and we were about 3 minutes from home. Can't go wrong with that, right?

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I am a sushi snob, I freely admit it :-/ Having grown up on the water and in a major city, I tend to avoid sushi restaurants in upstate new york. WELL! This place is not only in a strip mall (which I normally avoid) and in upstate new york, but it is amazing. Sushi is fresh and rivals any Boston sushi restaurant. Well done!

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Always a great meal. Owners are friendly and sushi is fresh. The Queena roll does not disappoint. Open 7 days a week.