“Welcome To The Neighborhood”

Watsons's restaurant and bar
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: We graciously serve American style cuisine featuring small plates, sandwiches and burgers, as well as home-style entrees. All are served using fresh, locally sourced ingredients, served in a very friendly, comfortable atmosphere that may make you feel as if you were invited into someone's home on Baker street.
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Putnam Valley has limited dining options to say the least so really any place that serves hot food is a blessing. It just so happens that Watson's is doing one better and really going for being a high quality establishment.

The menu has many of the classic Putnam County/North Westchester staples like chicken wings, burgers, and fried calamari but goes a step beyond with things like Bahn Mi, Corn Chowder, pork belly (served in a variety of ways), and a Cuban sandwich. They continue to update their menu. I can vouch for the Cuban -- it was very good. Their fries are cut in a unique way and are excellent.

They definitely upgraded the bar from the establishment that was in the space before. That, in and of itself is huge. Though I was a little disappointed by the draft selection. I was really hoping for a couple of local craft beers but instead was faced with PBR, Shock Top, and Fat Tire. PBR it is then!

I really think these guys are on the right track with their evolving menu with a local friendly flair. They made a good first impression and I will definitely go back. I would like to see them upgrade the beer/wine selection and maybe even offer some specialty cocktails.

1  Thank sasserscampbell

Reviewed 22 April 2017

Living in Putnam Valley you always had to leave town to eat something good. Finally the gods heard our plea's and opened Watson's. Like everything in life there pros and cons, they need to get rid of some of the stuff around it's like eating in Grandma's basement. But a real clean basement. Our server Dan was such a nice guy very honest gave us great recommendations and dinner was real good. We started with a Nacho special with pulled pork OMG it was beyond tasty. I had the Chicken sandwich which was good the fries are delicious. My son had the Pork Belly Taco's I had to fight him for a taste. Hubby had the Burger...no taste to be had it was all gone. It was a Thursday night and it was trivia night, we had such fun and won a gift card. Fun night with a couple of beers under 50.00 in the Valley we will be back. Only one bad note tell your smoking crowd get away frm the front door and go around back. No one wants to smell that stink!!!

3  Thank Corrine P
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

What a great find! The owner is obviously passionate about offering delicious food in a delightfully decorated and furnished dining room. The menu is varied, the food fresh and cooked to perfection. The sweet potato fries are the best I have ever tasted. Friendly and welcoming, I'd recommend Watsons's without hesitation.

1  Thank DGSkye
Reviewed 19 April 2017

The really cozy ambience coupled with the delectable food makes for a delightful dining experience. Just the place I'm always looking for and now I've found! Will definitely be a regular here

1  Thank Ckfeather
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Decided to try the new restaurant in town that I had heard some good things about. I was a little nervous because it didn't seem like a very elegant setting....I was very pleasantly surprised! First, we sat in the enclosed porch area and it was nice and QUIET! That is a valuable commodity in the restaurant world. We were overlooking the flowing river and could hear each other speak! (For those who like the hustle-bustle, I suggest you eat in the other half of the restaurant where it feels more active.)
The menu is slanted toward hamburger and beef dishes I believe, but with higher quality ingredients. However there are also several other choices to be had....I enjoyed the pulled pork on a hamburger combo that would more than satisfy anyone. Side note: I had a Long Island Iced Tea on two consecutive visits that was DE-licious and that is a drink that can be poorly made in other establishments. So the bartender must be much more than a rookie. The wait staff was very pleasant and learning all the time.
I would definitely recommend Watson's to friends!!!

2  Thank 1TheSmith1

Been to Watsons's restaurant and bar? Share your experiences!