“Favorite place to eat in poughkeepsie”
Review of Saigon Cafe

Saigon Cafe
Ranked #141 of 294 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Been coming here for the most delicious food for over 20 years , small family owned and operated, great personal service always a,friendly greeting and I have NEVER been disappointed in all these years , if you have not gone you NEED to try it!!!

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

We enjoy Vietnamese food and have been to several places and unfortunately this place is past its prime. We were clearly overcharged and the quality of the food was substandard as well as the service being extremely slow.

Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

We were in town over Memorial Day weekend for my son's college graduation. There were five of us in which we sat at a very small table. This restaurant is run by a husband and wife who do all of the cooking and serving. Service was slow because of this. The food was very good but when it came time to pay the owner seemed put off by credit card payment even though it was advertised that they accepted that form of payment. He insisted that the tip was left using cash. It was enforced when he brought the credit card slip to the table to sign and he had crossed off the tip option on the slip.

1  Thank Lisa A
Reviewed 9 December 2015

A cute, authentic family run Vietnamese place. Very affordable, very friendly staff, and an interesting interior. Definitely a place to go to.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I've been to the Saigon Cafe several times over the past few years and have always had a good experience. It is run by a Vietnamese couple on their own and the food is excellent and always tastes fresh. The owner is always very friendly and talkative and now recognizes me when I come in which is nice. He is always courteous enough to ask how we want our dishes seasoned (spicy or mild) which my girlfriend appreciated since she doesn't enjoy spicy dishes. I took my family there for lunch one time a couple years ago including my 100 year old grandmother and the owners treated her like royalty and were very respectful which she greatly appreciated. Overall the food is always great and the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming, just be prepared to wait a little bit as it is only the two of them working there.

1  Thank Berto1019