“Beware overcharging”

Ranked #147 of 299 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I feel bad leaving this review as my husband and I have been loyal customers for many years. The owners must be struggling because not only has the food quality deteriorated significantly, but the owner has now taken to adding extra food to your order and charging for it. I know I am not the only one this has happened to, as several friends have experienced it as well. Typically he throws in extra rolls which he charges almost $4 apiece for. Last night I picked up an order for a friend that she had placed for both of us and thought the total seemed high but assumed she had ordered an extra meal for her kids. In fact, we had been charged $16 for four Imperial Rolls that Tony acted as though he was generously throwing in for us, but in fact had added to the bill. He did not show me the receipt when I picked up the order and so I was not able to figure this out until I had already left and we had eaten our meals, with four uneaten Imperial rolls left over. Tony also has the habit of requesting you leave a tip when picking up takeout, and giving you a hard time if you want to use your credit card to pay, despite a large sign indicating he accepts Visa, Mastercard, etc. If the food was still as good as it used to be I might be more forgiving, but it just isn't anymore, at least on the nights during the week when I've eaten there or gotten takeout. I will not be returning.

3  Thank em-reader

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Was an authentic, reliable Viet cafe - with great Vienamese pancakes. An old stand-by that's gone the way of so many marginal (economically) places.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We eat at this restaurant several times a year. My teenage son loves the Steamed Imperial Rolls (served with a peanut dipping sauce) and the Lime Chicken (served on wooden spears). I enjoy the Hanoi Soup (beef, over thin noodles), and my husband the Chicken Nest (chicken with noodles and mixed vegetables). If you are new to Vietnamese cuisine or in doubt with what to order, the server is the owner and he is always willing to help you with your selections. The place is small, only 19 seats, but we have always found the food to be delicious.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We were looking for lunch around Vassar College and happened upon this tiny little place that was jammed at 1:30 on a Saturday so we went in. Although I had some reservations about this place all the reviews hanging on the wall were amazing and the host was so eager to please. The food, however was just average Vietnamese food. I also really wish the menus were better wiped off and the walls and floor were cleaner. The food at the table next to us look REALLY good so it is possible we ordered poorly- I just was not very impressed.

1  Thank Kaycee12561
Reviewed 29 August 2009

We ordered beef noodle soup, BBQ pork vermicelli, BBQ hoggie, two spring rolls. The noodles had aweful taste of dust and yucky flavor. The soup was too sweet. Horrible.

2  Thank MintChok