All reviews locust grove front desk starbucks coffee room was clean hyde park culinary institute of america first floor indoor pool wedding party plenty of parking vanderbilt mansion poughkeepsie area hudson river convenient location new york one night stay bistro
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The price of this place was unreasonable. I was here for a wedding and had booked it through the wedding party, thinking it would behoove us to stay together. Found out, I should have booked elsewhere or through AirBnB. The location was lame, the amenities were minimal, and there were absolutely no attractions in the near vicinity. The service was sub-par at best. For the price, the least they could have done was include complimentary breakfast. The keys kept deactivating or we were given duds and when we informed the staff, they would act like we were making this up. Yes, because I want to go make excuses to visit the check-in counter for kicks- my idea of fun.

The worse was the service at the Bistro, where they served breakfast in the lobby. The cashier was a sourpuss and the prices were also outlandish. $8-9 for a Naked "fake" smoothie? Jamba Juice isn't even that expensive, and that's an actual smoothie. I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Lori_Poughkeepsie_GM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your candid review, ELHyman. We take all feedback seriously, especially when it deals with service related issues.
Please know that the appropriate hotel team has been alerted to your comments, and will be provided guidance to help them improve.
On behalf of the entire hotel, please accept our sincerest apologies. Should your travels bring you back to Poughkeepsie, please feel free to contact me directly to help find you accommodations at a great rate.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very clean and fresh room! While the bed was a little soft for me, my wife thought it was perfect. Room was well appointed with plenty of power outlets. A/C was great and not too noisy. Shower pressure was perfect. Towels were great!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here because Fishkill hotel are booked out. The hotel has large room, cleaned carpet and very comfortable to sleep at night, located at a very quiet place. I slept well during my three nights business trip. I did use their business facilities which includes printer and computer, which are things exactly I need during this trip. The only think I complain would be their aisle are like a maze. I always get lost in their hotel finding the right doors to my car.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

This was the first time staying at this hotel and we were very pleased with everything.
From the time we checked in until the time we checked out everything was perfect.
The entire hotel staff was very friendly and did their jobs well.
This king bed room (#274) was very clean and you could tell it was well taken care of. The bed and pillows were very comfortable.
The TV was very nice with lots of channel to choose from.
The only thing missing in this room I feel was a safe to put your valuables in.
Also there were many good restaurants that were very close to the hotel.
This hotel was a great value for what we paid for the room. I would highly recommend this hotel if your staying several days to visit the local sights.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018

this was the perfect spot to visit the surrounding area. very good location, efficient staff and fantastic cafe--much better than the surrounding restaurants. the staff at the cafe are terrific!! view the sites and come back for dinner and stay for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family