“Best of everything ,selection varies store to store”

Adams Fairacre Farms
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I've grown up shopping at and watching the Adams stores grow and have never been disappointed. Their produce is top notch,as local as possible and always super fresh.
The meat dept. leave little to be desired and center store grocery has more than anything one might need or want. The only issue I have is that I wish all the stores carried the same products. I understand that at times certain locations may be out of stock or not privy to certain items but ,for example, my favorite bacon is by a company called Broadbents. I used to be able to get it in my Poughkeepsie store,but now have to travel to Kingston to buy it. I like it because it does not require refrigeration and I often take it on my hiking and fishing "expeditions". Plus,it's damn good! I asked about it and was simply told it was discontinued. Apparently not if Kingston has it. Also a product I'm addicted to- a garlic sauce called Cicky Monkey. Same story, have to go to Kingston.
Wish they would all stock it. I often shop in Newburgh and they don't have either item. There's a few more but you get the idea. Other than that, I recommend that anyone looking for the freshest of everything to skip the big chains and go directly to any Adams location. Bonus: EVERYINE IS SUPER PLEASANT !!!!!!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"plants"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I remember Adams with roll-up garage doors and bins outside for produce. Now it is closer to a Whole Foods. The freshest vegetables, best meats, fish, cheese, and coffee in the area. Lawn products, plants, trees, and shrubs are the best. They have it all. Wonderful service. Can get very crowded, especially on Wednesday evenings when it is the senior discount night. We bought our last 4 Christmas trees there as well. The best store bar none.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Adams is the best! Fresh produce! Fresh meats and fish. Best place to get your land and garden items. Poughkeepsie store is being remodeled and will have a bakery just like the Wappingers store.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

The parking is a little tricky, but you have to expect it when so many people want to shop there. The Staff throughout are professional and helpful and easy to get to know when you go regular. Even if you are just visiting the area, Adams Fairacre Farms is a must see and shop.