All reviews one night small continental breakfast first floor coffee maker room was clean sized bed ice machine fridge and microwave front desk staff great room yogurt rri plank motel stomping funeral pets
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I never write reviews but this time I felt inclined to warn people about this hotel. I had been driving all day and decided to stop at the Red Roof Inn for the night and planned on continuing my drive the following morning. Before I even arrived at my room I noticed that the hallways had a musty/mildew odor. When I arrived in my room things appeared to be relatively clean but upon closer inspection I was mortified. After entering my room I immediately noticed that the room had the same odor as the hallway only it was 10 times stronger. Next, the carpet in the room felt wet when I walked on it so I bent down to see if something had spilled and the carpet had the most disgusting odor coming from it. It smelled like a dead animal was entrapped in the carpet. The lady at the front desk had been extremely unpleasant when I checked-in and I was exhausted so I decided to just deal with the awful smell as opposed to arguing with her about getting put into a new room.

In the morning at around 7 am, I woke up to someone pounding on the door next to mine and screaming for at least 10 minutes. I’m not sure if it was another guest or the employees pounding on the door but regardless it was out of control. I couldn’t fall back to sleep so I decided to get up, shower, and be on my way. I walked into the bathroom to shower and I noticed the floor of the shower was FILTHY with hair and god knows what else (I’ve attached photos below). I guess what was most disturbing was the fact that the maids put clean towels and toiletries on the side of the tub and pulled the shower curtain wide open when prepping the room. Meaning they looked right at the filthy tub and just said screw it we don’t feel like cleaning it! But yet they placed the towels and toiletries there expecting that someone would actually shower in that mess. Again, I considered asking for another room but at this point I figured it was pointless to ask for a new room just to take a shower. I left with basically no sleep, and no shower- two of the main purposes of a hotel.

I understand that the maids can’t really do anything about the smell in the rooms but I am so concerned about their decision to not clean out that shower. It makes me think the sheets were probably not changed either..laziness. Nevertheless, this will be last time staying at the Red Roof.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We tried multiple rooms and they all smelled. There was hair in the bathroom on the tub and floor. There were no screens on the windows and we needed to air the place out. I think it is a welfare hotel based on the woman hanging around the lobby when we checked in. It was $170+ a night to stay in a dirty room and to wake up to barking dog.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I was burnt out of our homejune 21 2018 and Got put at red roof hotel on rt 9 by red cross for a couple days. We went to a couple different places for a couple days but ended up coming back to red roof because out of the places we stayed they were the best here. It's now the end of August and are still here and will probably behere through sept. i have learned just about all their names from Carmen Katrina Chris Adrianna Mandy I just forgot the other girls name but they are all very friendly curtious helpful.the hotel is very clean and have a great cleaning service who come everyday faithfully. Also have a nice breakfast every morning coffee when ever you want it restaurants close by they have kind of became our new extended family. Thank you everyone at red roof for all your hard work you do to make our stay as great as you do.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Dear wrightkari, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel and staff. We appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night as part of a road trip - room was clean and breakfast adequate - and the reception staff helpful - thankyou. We enjoyed our walk across the Hudson Bridge and ate at TGI’s which was a short drive away.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Tdtj100, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! The front desk staff is always happy to make suggestions for the many events, attractions and restaurants in the area. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel room was current in its decor, but the lobby and public areas were dirty and shabby.
For example, the carpeting was dirty and stained in the hallways and lobby. It could have used a good steam cleaning. Also, some leaves and debris had blown in the front door in the evening and was still there the next morning.
The building is very old, but remodeled. You can hear people walking on the floor above you, which seems unusual for a commercial establishment like a hotel.
One great point is that the daytime and evening staff are very friendly and professional.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear gustonm, I am so sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We do appreciate your feedback as it helps us determine areas that we need to improve on. Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future. Thank you for staying with us.