“Fully equipped, but skimpy breakfast.”

Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Our room was large, the bed was comfortable, and there were plenty of electrical sockets everywhere. There was a good TV, a large refrigerator, and a m icrowave. Hot water came on immediately in the shower. Only downside was a skimpy continental brea kfast cin a small crowded room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Arlingtonfoodie31, Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am happy that you found our bed to be comfortable. All of our guest rooms are indeed extremely large and do include a refrigerator and microwave, and are equipped with multiple conveniently located electrical outlets, which all of our guests love. I am sorry that you did not enjoy our complimentary continental breakfast, but we appreciate your comments hope you stay with us again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

A friend needed to check her disabled husband in to the hotel earlier then expected. The Manager on 7/6/17 accommodated us and even gave us an upgrade. The Service and handicapped room were excellent.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Truewalk, Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. We work hard to make all of our guests feel at home, and are happy that you were pleased with our excellent service! We hope you visit us again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for five nights the week of July 4. The Inn is located right next to the Hampton Inn, so curb appeal wise, the other chain is gonna look nicer.

The staff was welcoming, knowledgeable and efficient.

Our room was VERY clean, and housekeeping did an excellent job maintaining it during our stay.

We brought our family dog and stayed at the RRI because they are pet friendly.

There is a small continental breakfast every morning. The days we were there it consisted of two cereal choices, several different muffins / danishes, Yogurt, milk, juice and coffee. I have multiple food intolerances, so I didn't eat from there, as I had packed my own food.

There are many restaurants nearby, so whether you are looking for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a sweet treat there are lots of options.

My only complaint was an obnoxious couple making out on the bench outside the motel, but that was their problem not the RRI's. (Seriously, you're AT a motel / hotel! Go to your room! )

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JMJDeLisle
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear JMJDeLisle, Thank you so much for staying with us and writing such a great review! I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff, who will most definitely appreciate the positive feedback. We hope to see you again if you are ever back in the beautiful Hudson Valley.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

I travel in from long distances monthly & any help I can get to make my stay more pleasant is greatly appreciated. Jordan especially has always come through for me as a RediCard member. I highly recommend it

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear James D,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your comments. I will be sure to share your words with Jordan. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

The room was "clean" but everything else was a nightmare, the rooms all smelled like weed or smoke, the dead eye's workers seemed to just ignore any and all requests like towels, and i had to move my room 3 times because it seems like the kind of place you should never bring kids or a family. we spent 4 hours of our 7 hour stay listening to loud rap music and people fighting and fornicating like it was their job. (I suspect this is exactly that kind of place) my kids did not get a second of sleep the entire time and we had to delay our trip home by staying at the hotel next door so i could make the drive home. Lesson learned i will avoid this rat's den of a brand of hotel for as long as i live, we truly will never forget our stay here

Room Tip: For your safety run from this place
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Leo1888
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Dear Leo1888, I truly apologize for your bad experience during your stay at our hotel. While we are a 100% smoke free property, and there are multiple "No Smoking" signs posted everywhere on the property including the lobby, the hallways, outside sitting area and all guest rooms, and guests have been verbally advised of our non smoking policy at check in, unfortunately some people are not deterred. We always ask guests that violate this policy to leave the property immediately. I realize you stayed with us over an extremely busy sold out weekend, when we had a mixture of guests that included a wedding party, a youth soccer team and a class reunion group, to name a few. Sometimes the hotel can be a little loud on a Saturday night, but we always do our best to keep the noise level down and to make all of our guests comfortable.Once again, I do apologize for the issues you encountered. Please contact me directly as I would like to discuss the issue further in hopes of resolving the situation to your satisfaction. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.