All reviewsone nightsmall continental breakfastfirst floorcable tvcoffee makerroom was cleansized bedice machineoatmealfront desk staffgreat place to stayrripetmotelplankmicrowavestomping
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

I travel in from long distances monthly & any help I can get to make my stay more pleasant is greatly appreciated. Jordan especially has always come through for me as a RediCard member. I highly recommend it

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear James D,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your comments. I will be sure to share your words with Jordan. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2017

The room was "clean" but everything else was a nightmare, the rooms all smelled like weed or smoke, the dead eye's workers seemed to just ignore any and all requests like towels, and i had to move my room 3 times because it seems like the kind of place you should never bring kids or a family. we spent 4 hours of our 7 hour stay listening to loud rap music and people fighting and fornicating like it was their job. (I suspect this is exactly that kind of place) my kids did not get a second of sleep the entire time and we had to delay our trip home by staying at the hotel next door so i could make the drive home. Lesson learned i will avoid this rat's den of a brand of hotel for as long as i live, we truly will never forget our stay here

Room Tip: For your safety run from this place
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Leo1888
Chris L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2017

Dear Leo1888, I truly apologize for your bad experience during your stay at our hotel. While we are a 100% smoke free property, and there are multiple "No Smoking" signs posted everywhere on the property including the lobby, the hallways, outside sitting area and all guest rooms, and guests have been verbally advised of our non smoking policy at check in, unfortunately some people are not deterred. We always ask guests that violate this policy to leave the property immediately. I realize you stayed with us over an extremely busy sold out weekend, when we had a mixture of guests that included a wedding party, a youth soccer team and a class reunion group, to name a few. Sometimes the hotel can be a little loud on a Saturday night, but we always do our best to keep the noise level down and to make all of our guests comfortable.Once again, I do apologize for the issues you encountered. Please contact me directly as I would like to discuss the issue further in hopes of resolving the situation to your satisfaction. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

We were between apartments and needed a local place to stay for a couple of weeks. The price was lower than any of the places in the area (and there are a LOT of hotels & inns in the area). We booked it because it met our price point, and was centrally located. The front desk staff, EVERY one of them were warm, welcoming, helpful. They remembered us and always greeted us. The room was clean, comfortable and modern. Plenty of hot water at the sink & shower. Unexpected was a continental breakfast: yogurt, pastries, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, bread, butter & jam. Juices, coffee & tea as well.
I've stayed at Red Roof Inn's before and like them. This one was just as good as expected and if I need to stay locally in the future I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank randimarshall
Christel L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I will be sure to pass your comments along to the staff. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary continental breakfast. We certainly enjoyed having you stay with us, and hope you will visit us in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

Arrived later on in the evening and room was ready; however, it smelled as if it had not been rented for months. The floor was clean and the room seemed to be clean. When I opened the refrigerator to put in some sodas, the stinch was so bad that I decided to just wait and drink them warm the next morning and there was no electricity in the refrigerator. Tried to get change from the front desk and the desk person was too busy to bother with me. So glad to see morning come and check out.

Room Tip: Find another place
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank PrestigeFL
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We were here to go to the Culinary Institute of America. The hotel room was newly renovated and very clean. The bed was not the most comfortable but for a night it was adequate. One reason we chose the Red Roof Plus was because it is friendly!!! I will be returning when we visit our daughter at the CIA.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family