All reviews one night small continental breakfast first floor coffee maker room was clean sized bed ice machine fridge and microwave front desk staff great room yogurt rri plank motel stomping funeral pets
Reviewed 29 March 2017

We were between apartments and needed a local place to stay for a couple of weeks. The price was lower than any of the places in the area (and there are a LOT of hotels & inns in the area). We booked it because it met our price point, and was centrally located. The front desk staff, EVERY one of them were warm, welcoming, helpful. They remembered us and always greeted us. The room was clean, comfortable and modern. Plenty of hot water at the sink & shower. Unexpected was a continental breakfast: yogurt, pastries, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, bread, butter & jam. Juices, coffee & tea as well.
I've stayed at Red Roof Inn's before and like them. This one was just as good as expected and if I need to stay locally in the future I will be back.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank randimarshall
Christel L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I will be sure to pass your comments along to the staff. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary continental breakfast. We certainly enjoyed having you stay with us, and hope you will visit us in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

Arrived later on in the evening and room was ready; however, it smelled as if it had not been rented for months. The floor was clean and the room seemed to be clean. When I opened the refrigerator to put in some sodas, the stinch was so bad that I decided to just wait and drink them warm the next morning and there was no electricity in the refrigerator. Tried to get change from the front desk and the desk person was too busy to bother with me. So glad to see morning come and check out.

Room tip: Find another place
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank PrestigeFL
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We were here to go to the Culinary Institute of America. The hotel room was newly renovated and very clean. The bed was not the most comfortable but for a night it was adequate. One reason we chose the Red Roof Plus was because it is friendly!!! I will be returning when we visit our daughter at the CIA.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Booked the room 2 months prior and quoted a price of $139.99. Was told no email confirmation was required. Upon arrival was told SAME room was $199.99. While the rates were inflated due to local college family weekend, the check-in host went ahead and acknowledged our original price quote. While the outside of the hotel is an eyesore, the room is surprisingly very nice. It is large, clean and well appointed. I would recommend the hotel based on the the recognition of the host to bill us in the original quoted price as well as a clean and comfortable room. BTW this is the only hotel I have ever booked that does not send confirmation email as best practice.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Susan A
Christel L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Dear Susan A., thank you for posting this review, as we appreciate all feed back. We most certainly do send email confirmations, I apologize if you were told otherwise. We will always honor the rate that the reservation was booked at. I am happy that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the room. All of our rooms are unusually large, and do include microwaves, refrigerators, in room coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. I hope you were able to enjoy our complimentary continental breakfast before you left. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

This was the worse hotel I have ever stayed at. Bad smell, smell was so bad I couldn't sleep at night. I booked this hotel last minute, didn't want to spend $50 more a night at a better hotel. I learn my listen. The first night the hotel was full so they could not offer me a different room but the second night there was but they still didn't offer it to me. I assume all the rooms have a bad Oder.

Room tip: Go with at less a 4 star hotel
Date of stay: October 2016