All reviews basketball court full kitchen two bedroom suite red robin hot tub the hotel offers living area indoor pool great amenities parking lot housekeeping staff business trip waffles culinary institute included breakfast sofa bed clean hotel
Reviewed 20 March 2016

Normal high quality Marriott experience. Very clean. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast included. Bed was comfy. Everything worked well with one exception. Could not operate fireplace, no controls apparent.

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 5 March 2016

This hotel boasts all rooms as suites and offer them at a bargain compared to the Hampton Inn. I was traveling with my 21 month old and wanted a suite so the little one could nap and go to bed at 8pm and I could still relax. Originally I booked at the Hampton Inn but swapped on a family friends recommendation. The full size fridge, stove, and plethora of flatware and bowls ect was extremely helpful. The pool was at a comfortable temperature but like most hotels, they lean towards the higher side of chlorination so the splashing of an infant stings the eyes but it was manageable. This hotel doesn't have a restaurant but a walk across the parking lot and you are in a little plaza with a Japanese restaurant, diner, and custom ice cream shop. No major highway crossing required but if you do, there is a strip mall with probably more choices of the chain variety.

Now, this is a high traffic area so there is a fair amount of road noise that ANY hotel along the strip will be subject to. It just seems like the loud cars are out tonight so you can tell when the traffic lights turn green but again, it's manageable.

The two things that I wish were different,
1 better light blocking shades. The blinds are of the light blocking kind but they aren't the full wall kind so the usual light that shines through the seam also comes through the two ends. For a 1pm nap, the room isn't very dark. Not the end of the word, we made a pillow barrier so the little one would stop informing me that the sun is still awake.

2- partioned suite. This is a big one since I was looking for a suite and had just come from and Embassy Suites where the bedroom and living room are separated by a door. This is not the case in our King Suite. It is one big room (bedroom, bathroom sink, living room, and kitchen are in the same open space) so I'm writing this in the bathroom while the little one sleeps in the bed. Maybe there are partioned suites in this hotel, I'm just letting you know that there are unpartioned ones as well.

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 1 March 2016

I visit many different Residence Inns during any given year. Check in here was fine, courteous and quick. As an "elite" rewards member I got a free upgrade from studio to 1 BR when I asked. Low occupancy weekend (2/26-28/16) for my 2 night stay, so I got a quiet top (4th fl.) room, not far from the elevator, looking out the back.. Extra towels delivered. The room was fine; maid service fine. Now, the issues; none major:

1) I wanted to cook a meal here. Other Residence Inns have "real" stoves. This property has two heating elements that have one, low setting. You can't cook anything. Maintenance came up to check and I was told they were working properly. I tried cooking hamburgers, and after 15 minutes, the meat was totally raw, so I microwaved them..You know how THAT tastes. So do NOT come to this extended stay property thinking you can make any kind of home cooked meal. It should be made clear somewhere that there not, in fact, any cooking facilities in the units..just a "warming plate".

2) The fitness center is quite small. What's worse,more than half the dumbells are missing from the rack. Did someone steal them?..lol. Have that rack filled for the 100 rooms of potential guests who might want to use them!.

3) Breakfast..fine; standard Residence Inn fare..BUT, sausage was served with the eggs 2 days in a row. Usually it is alternated with ham. What happened? Change it up! "Variety is the spice..."!

4) Plenty of cable channels to choose from including HBO; many in HD, BUT, inexplicably, no printed channel list is provided in the rooms. Had to ask for 1 at the front desk. Whyy? too expensive to print?

5) Most Residence Inns provide microwave popcorn and mini liquid dish soap. I asked for and received the dish soap at the front desk. Why isn't it in the rooms like other RIs?..Too expensive? As for the popcorn I was told "We used to give it but people burned it and set off the smoke alarms." Plausible, but how come every other RI I've stayed at provided it.? To their defense, they do provide a small bag of popcorn in each room..but I'd much rather have fresh mic'd.

I asked for and got late check out: 1p Sunday. However, the key stopped working at 12 noon; got locked out. Why not program your software to extend the key to 1p..People are going up and down loading etc., and obviously require access to the room and building from locked rear door to parking lot.?

The staff was extremely nice, cooperative and friendly. I will definitely come back here if the price is appropriate...and I will bring frozen meals I cooked from home for the microwave..BTW..PLENTY of places to eat nearby + shopping/mall.

Finally, I asked to see the property General Manager, Jill Vose, on Sunday. I was told she would be in Monday, Feb. 29, and to call her to share these concerns. I called her direct line yesterday, Monday, 2/26 and left a voicemail midday requesting a call back. To this juncture, 12:30p. on Tues 3/1, I have not received a callback. Hopefully I will.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2016

Great location, Tuesday night offered a light meal and sodas, there appears to be a breakfast every morning as well.
HOWEVER if you are looking for even a half way decent fitness center this is NOT the place. Two treadmills, one was broken (appeared as though it may be an easy fix, maintenance was in no hurry however) and the elliptical worked but sounded horrible. No one appeared to be able to work the televisions attached to the equipment, as either they, the remotes, or the cable boxes, or something else was not working (one person did get home shopping network, but that was it).
I travel fairly frequently, and have seen a lot of fitness centers. For places on par with this I have seen hotels offer passes to a local gym in lieu of their facility, it would be greatly appreciated at this location.

Room tip: nothing facing the front of the building.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jelena T, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2016

Thank you for the feedback about your stay. We do offer all of our guests a free pass to a local gym that is just a few minutes away. If you're staying with us again, we'd love to give you more information about this.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Stayed at the Courtyard last year and it was a typical Courtyard - the breakfast restaurant in the lobby cost my family of 3 upwards of $30. At the Residence Inn, the rooms are bigger and the buffet breakfast was free. No brainer on which to choose. The coffee offered here is not that good however, whereas the Courtyard has Starbucks. The pool was good. The Marriott website does not mention that it has a pool, which is why we chose the Courtyard last year but thankfully it was mentioned in a review. Marriott should update their website to reflect that it does indeed have a pool and hot tub. Typical Residence Inn. Would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Trip type: Travelled with family