“Nice hotel”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Have stayed here frequently when we have visitors. They have an indoor pool that the kids always love.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Check-in was fast and friendly. It was taco night the day I got there. I'm not a fan of tacos but the salad was good. It seems like a very busy hotel. There was always someone getting on or off the elevator and when I looked out of my window, it seems all the parking spots were taken. I was upgraded to a one-bedroom so I had a little room to spread out. I did not find one speck of dirt in my room. The bed was comfy so I had a good night's sleep. There's a ton of food for breakfast but for some reason, the setup seemed a little out of sorts where I was going in circles to find something! Maybe it was me, who knows. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
New England
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We had reserved a room in advance for an event, and wound up driving in much later than expected during a blinding snowstorm. The hotel is in good shape, offers plenty of parking, and is located near many retail establishments. The room was clean, in good condition, and comfortable. There is a Starbuck's within walking distance. Within 30 minutes of arrival power went out in the entire area. Emergency lighting was available in the lobby area. The staff was very accommodating, handing out blankets and flashlights, and dispensing updates on the weather and power restoration as news came in. They gave me a pint of ice cream as a freebie when I noticed that stuff was defrosting and asked about buying it. We left the next day but were notified by email that a credit for a certain amount had been applied to our bill for the inconveniences incurred during the blackout (we did not have access to any refreshments or breakfast). Other patrons complained that prices were increased as the storm rolled in, however, I only paid what I had agreed to on my reservation so I cannot confirm that practice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank vacdiva
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 4 November 2011

clean, updated, fine breakfast...! alot of college students,,must have a deal with Marist college

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed there for 4 weeks. Staff was very helpful, food gets boring after a while.
Don't agree to take a patio-facing room. The AC fan noise will kill you at night!

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business