“Excellent Thai Food near Vassar”
Review of Thai Spice

Thai Spice
Ranked #39 of 310 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 4 October 2016

Visiting family and staying in town we decided to skip the downtown "bistro" scene and get Thai food. Located the closest Thais spots on Yelp and headed out not knowing the location. Always good, cheap eats near colleges! We ended up at Thai Spice and didn't regret it. The food was authentic and excellent and service good. My father always judges Thai food by his experiences in Bangkok and he pronounced it authentic. We had excellent curry and I had a very good Tom Yum Gai soup. We also had an excellent Pad See Yew dish flavored with curry. Topped off of course with a Sing Ha beer! Best part was that dinner was also inexpensive. A definite recommendation!

1  Thank Eric B

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Located in the Vassar College neighborhood of Poughkeepsie, Thai Spice could easily become one of our regular spots. Portions are generous and prices are reasonable for the quality and environment. Service was efficient and professional, but not friendly. One server was covering the entire floor as well as the cash register, so time constraints probably ruled out friendliness. Two us shared 4 dishes, so we had the opportunity to do more tasting than if we had each gotten one entree. We ordered the crispy crab salad with mango and Thai spice dressing, the Thai dumplings, the curry dumplings and finally Pad Thai with pork. Everything was very flavorful with just a nice amount of heat as well as depth of flavor. Try it. You will like it.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Ate here recently for a business dinner. Was much higher class than I thought it would be. Charming relaxing atmosphere.

Started with the Tom Ka Gai soup, which was mediocre, holding this place back from 5 stars. The rice wrapped summer rolls were heavy on the lettuce, light on the shrimp. But the plum sauce was outstanding.

Dinner was pineapple fried rice for my vegetarian colleague, and the somewhat spicy Kang Panang. They were delicious, especially the Panang! Hope you like bell peppers. It was so good that I ate every so of the curry broth. If only the Tom Ka Gai was that hearty.

I'll be back

1  Thank Steven C
Reviewed 28 July 2016

This is a small but charming place, clean and nicely decorated. The wait staff were friendly and helpful. The food was very good. I had salad first and the peanut sauce was very nice. The meal was served attractively and the food had great flavor and I enjoyed the thai green curry was excellent. I had the chicken and it was tender. Will certainly go back again.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

I always enjoy eating at Thai Spice. The food is excellent, the tables and booths are comfortable, the service is good, and the atmosphere is perfect. Price is also good. They also do take-out.