“We eat here often”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2017

We have had many of our family occasions celebrated here. Excellent for hibachi food and cooking at the table. Some table chefs are more entertaining that others. The owner is very friendly. You don't usually need reservations.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We have only eaten here twice and both times we had the Korean Barbeque which was excellent. I cannot comment on the Hibachi or any other menu items since I did not order them. I don't know if other diners are aware of the barbeque option. The first time we went we did not know it existed, but we were seated at a barbeque table and asked about it. There are only 5 barbeque tables. They bring the food raw and you cook it yourself. It's a lot of fun and everything is delicious. The staff was also friendly and attentive.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

I would like everyone to please take there time to read this . I am not criticizing anyone's heath issues or disabilities, but this experience was very awkward not only to me , but for my 4 young children who where frightened. First of all , the service was horrible and slow. The place was dead . The soup was extremely salty! I had to send it back , and they brought over more soup that was just as salty ! Then after 20 min, the Hibachi chef came over with his cart. I noticed something wrong right away. I though he had something in his hat like a bug or something because he twitched a little . Then after 5 minutes or so, he was shaking and twitching and making sounds and the kids at first started laughing because they thought it was a show , then when they realized it was not a show , they started screaming and crying because the Chef was shaking and twitching and making horrible facial expressions with a sharp Ginsu knife in his hands and afraid it would have slipped ! The food was ok, but nothing to brag about. I had my head down and we all did it look at the chef during his cooking. I will never go back there again. Terrible management ! How could they allow their patrons to go out for dinner to a hibachi show and witness this terrible act . This place is on the urge to shut down . How can the management allow this guy to handle a knife ? I'm sure they can find another position in their establishment. This was terrible. Now my kids are having my nightmares and never want to go for Hibachi again.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Terrible, DO NOT EAT here; go to Kobe at 2585 South Rd. I made a reservation for 8 on 18 Feb 17. When we arrived we were told to have a seat and wait. There were three open tables available. A group arrived about 5 minutes later and was immediately seated. I asked about our table and was told there were two people sitting at it, who had finished their meal and were talking. I asked about the two vacant tables and was told my table would be available soon. After another 20 minutes I again asked about a table and the waiter asked the two people sitting there to leave and seated us. We sat for 15 minutes before the waiter came to take our drink order, we ordered our food as well. I asked for hot tea. 10 minutes later the drinks arrived, no tea. It ended up taking 40 minutes and asking 3 times before I got a single cup of hot tea. The waiter never returned to the table to refill the water glasses or refresh our drinks. Overall the place was dirty, definitely needs a health inspection; the toilet in the ladies room was broken; the vent fans over the hibachis were either clogged or broken as the room filled with smoke and didn't vent. The food and the hibachi chef were average, but the wait staff was TERRIBLE. I almost walked out before we were seated to go down the road to Kobe at 2585 South Rd and I'm sorry I didn't. At the end of the meal the manager stopped and asked if we enjoyed the meal. I told him it was terrible and explained about the VERY POOR wait service. He offered an apology and asked us to come again, no consideration for the disaster. DO NOT EVER EAT HERE.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We ordered tea, 2 appetizers, a salad, a sushi roll and a korean noodle bowl. 1 appetizer was not what we ordered, the salad was not what we ordered, and they brought us a chicken cutlet with a side of noodles rather than the noodle bowl that we ordered. The tea was $2 with no refils, they did not offer water. We ordered a mango, avacado salad. It was missing the mango, the first time it was brought out. It was accompanied by a dish of ginger dressing that I get from Costco frequently.

When each of the dishes were brought out from the kitchen, they were set on the sushi bar at the edge of the dining room and then sat there for several minutes until one of three different waiters happened by and eventually brought them to the table.

There was nothing wrong with the food, it was fresh and hot, warm or cold as appropriate. However all of the food was totally unimpressive.

Date of visit: January 2017