All reviewsfront deskhyde parkroom was cleannice stayhot tubhudson valley areastaff was friendlyvanderbilt mansionculinary institutemany choiceswaffleswould stay here againthe breakfast areaconvenient locationcomplimentary breakfastshort driveeasy access
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Overall, the stay was subpar. Upon arrival our rooms were not ready(at 5pm). The ladies working were more worried about yelling and blaming the housekeepers then going upstairs and flipping the rooms. They never offered anything to show they were sorry. In the work out room, one of the machines wasn't working. In the morning, I informed the front desk that my bath tub was clogged and the gentleman at the desk just made a note but never even apologized. The only person I met that was nice was the housekeeper. It seems that based on the other reviews, folks that stay here accepted this as ok. However coming from the industry, this stay as I said, was subpar.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank lovetotravel0678
PeterTroiano, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2015

Thank you for your review. It is very disappointing to hear that your stay with us was subpar, as that is certainly not the type of service and experience we wish to give to our guests. Thank you for sharing your review so that we may use it as a tool for improvement to better serve our future guests. Thank you again.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

Hotel staff was extremely nice and friendly, even suggesting places to eat. We had a problem with our air conditioning in our room. The staff was immediate in fixing the problem, giving us a new room right away. My only complaint is that the breakfast staff (actually I only saw one girl) was not as efficient as most Hamptons. We sat down at a dirty table and I never saw her come around to the dining area. Still, a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the one negative experience you had as it relates to breakfast. I will be sharing your review with our GM, as well as our breakfast staff to work on any necessary improvements. Thank you again.

Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for an activity for a our daughter at Marist. Everything was as expected for a Hampton Inn. Clean facility, friendly helpful staff and a nice breakfast. A refrigerator should be in every room. Would stay again.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Scott B

Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately refrigerators are not a required standard in all rooms in all Hampton-brand hotels. Being a "Hampton Inn & Suites" it is only our studio-style suites with kitchenettes that have refrigerators and microwaves. We do however keep some spare refrigerators and microwaves that can be placed in standard rooms upon request and availability. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 13 July 2015

This is a very nice hotel, and a good value. I chose it because it is close to the Culinary Institute and the drive is a straight shot. The breakfast is incredible--a really nice spread with lots of options. The lobby is clean lobby and the staff is friendly and helpful with directions and recos. Fresh coffee in the lobby starting at an early hour. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your trip to the Hudson Valley and Culinary Institute of America. I will be sure to share your review with our breakfast staff as well, I'm sure they will appreciate the compliment! Thank you again, and we hope to have you as our guest anytime you are here in the area.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

Needed a room for overnight after a wedding. We got to the Hampton Inn after midnight and the room was clean and satisfactory. It should have had a small compact refrigerator, but it didn't. It promised free wifi, but it didn't connect. Breakfast in the morning was ample and reasonable. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank morena5561
PeterTroiano, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately microwaves and refrigerators are not a Hampton brand standard in all guest rooms. In our particular property's case- being a Hampton Inn & Suites- it is our studio-style suites with kitchenettes that exclusively have microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms, while the standard rooms do not. We do however keep some spares of both that can be placed in standard rooms for our guests by request. I am sorry to hear that you were unable to connect to our complimentary Wi-Fi as well. If a guest ever has any such difficulty, we always encourage giving a call to the front desk for assistance, we are glad to help in such cases. Thank you again for your review.