“Very Good French Bistro”

La P'tite Framboise
Reserve with OpenTable
La P'tite Framboise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 101 Restaurants in Port Washington
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My wife and I went on a Monday to sample their Mussels Monday, and it was very good. Their web site lists only 4 variations, but they actually have about 10. My wife had Thai and I had Pernod, and both were excellent. The only disappointment was the sorbet, which was ordinary.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 4 September 2017

La P’tite Framboise

Price- $100 for dinner for two. To include one shared app., two entries and two glasses of wine each. The also serve three course fixed fare, early bird special for $30.
Food- True French Bistro- Dailey specials to include sea food, pasta and more. The menu ranges from Flat Iron steak to Crispy Duck, Coquillie St Jacques, an additional local seafood. Good quality ingredients, nicely prepared and seasoned. Portions size is more European. Great bread served with liver pate and butter.
Ambiance- Small interior, perhaps twenty tables. White table clothes, nice bar open to the dining area, nicely lit, quite comfortable.
Service- Quite good. We had water and bread within moments after sitting and the restaurant was mostly full. The staff is attentive, polite and knowledgable about the food.
Our Experience- We enjoyed our evening very much. The food, service and ambiance all worked to provide good value for our dollar. The other guest were locals from the greater surrounding neighborhoods.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 21 June 2017

This was the first time we were at this restaurant as they had another closer to us. There were four of us and all ordered different dishes. We all felt the food and service were great. The Coq au Vin was as good as I have had in the best Manhattan restaurants and even in the ones I have been to in Paris. My wife wants to go back just for the Steak Tartare. They specialize in Mussels and they were also as good.

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank NormLM
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Had a very nice Sunday brunch. Steak tartare and French Onion soup - both delectable!
Thought it was going to be more French bistro looking on the inside.
No complaints about the food though, which is the important part!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 20 March 2017

I was here yesterday afternoon with my family to celebrate getting into a residency program and it was delightful. The restaurant is one big room with a bar on the left and the tables on the right, mostly wooden accents. I was starving when I arrived, which was quickly remedied by the included warm bread and croissant (!!) while we waited to order. I ordered off the brunch menu, which for $19 included an entree with either a mimosa, a bloody mary, or an orange juice. The options were all really good, from different style eggs to pancakes to crepes, etc. I had the Oeufs florentine (poached eggs with spinach over an english muffin that came with fried potatoes/veggies, bacon, and a sausage). It was DELICIOUS. The eggs were done perfectly with a truly delectable sauce over them and honestly my biggest problem was the I wasted stomach space on the bread before and couldn't eat my whole meal (may this be the worst of my problems).

Overall I would happily recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a pleasant atmosphere for brunch with good service and great food. The price is maybe a little steep for what it is, but then again everything was really done perfectly and the food was served in big portions so I'm not really complaining about that. I would love to go back to this place next time I'm in the area.

Date of visit: March 2017