“Excellent French Restaurant”

La P'tite Framboise
Reserve with OpenTable
La P'tite Framboise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 103 Restaurants in Port Washington
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2017

This was the first time we were at this restaurant as they had another closer to us. There were four of us and all ordered different dishes. We all felt the food and service were great. The Coq au Vin was as good as I have had in the best Manhattan restaurants and even in the ones I have been to in Paris. My wife wants to go back just for the Steak Tartare. They specialize in Mussels and they were also as good.

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank NormLM

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Had a very nice Sunday brunch. Steak tartare and French Onion soup - both delectable!
Thought it was going to be more French bistro looking on the inside.
No complaints about the food though, which is the important part!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I was here yesterday afternoon with my family to celebrate getting into a residency program and it was delightful. The restaurant is one big room with a bar on the left and the tables on the right, mostly wooden accents. I was starving when I arrived, which was quickly remedied by the included warm bread and croissant (!!) while we waited to order. I ordered off the brunch menu, which for $19 included an entree with either a mimosa, a bloody mary, or an orange juice. The options were all really good, from different style eggs to pancakes to crepes, etc. I had the Oeufs florentine (poached eggs with spinach over an english muffin that came with fried potatoes/veggies, bacon, and a sausage). It was DELICIOUS. The eggs were done perfectly with a truly delectable sauce over them and honestly my biggest problem was the I wasted stomach space on the bread before and couldn't eat my whole meal (may this be the worst of my problems).

Overall I would happily recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a pleasant atmosphere for brunch with good service and great food. The price is maybe a little steep for what it is, but then again everything was really done perfectly and the food was served in big portions so I'm not really complaining about that. I would love to go back to this place next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

The restaurant where we wanted to dine was closed so we decided to try "the little restaurant on the hill" that we always saw while waiting at the light.
Were we glad we did. The duck l'orange was succulent and plentiful. The wait-staff pleasant and attentive yet not overbearing. The desserts just as pleasing. Throughout the entire dinner it was obvious THIS was a place that had its regulars. And, why not? Everyone was warmly welcomed into the "little restaurant on the hill."

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 12 March 2017

This is a charming space with lots of potential but I think it is to be avoided on a weekend evening. Physically the restaurant is small and the tables are very close so you can easily hear your neighbors' conversation from all directions. The high ceilings and lack of tablecloths contribute to the bad acoustics--- noise bounces from all surfaces. It was really hard for us to hear one another or the servers for that matter. The service was pretty good once we finally had our order taken. The sommelier was very knowledgable about the wine selections and quite helpful. Food was a mixed bag. The house salad wasn't great. Sole menuiere was perfectly done. One of us had the roasted chicken and felt is was mediocre. Braised short ribs special was very good. We liked this place despite the overpowering noise--- we remarked how happy we were to be able to hear one another once we exited the restaurant. All of us agreed we would give it another try on a weeknight when we thought the food and service might be more spot on and when we could actually hear one another.

1  Thank audtiernan