“Early Dinner”

Roy’s Corner Cafe
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Port Jervis
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Good service and good food. They give you plenty to eat. The only thing I didn't like was the stuffing.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We had a party of four, service was great! We ordered their 18" cheese pizza...was very good. Sauce was good, lots of cheese and crust was good also. We also ordered a large tossed salad...very good. Also ordered the calamari for an appetizer, unfortunately, they were out of that. The waitress suggested the loaded peirogios, they were exceedingly good. In general, we were all happy with the meal. They gave you a lot of food., waitress was very attentive.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I went to Roy's Corner for dinner twice in November 2017. The first visit the server was very slow to come to our table and/or greet us. It took too long to get our food.

The second time we went the service was even worst, I got our menus, I got our silverware. it took more than a 1/2 hour for the server to ask for our order and that included drinks. We sat there another 1/2 hour with our drinks when we noticed they were just bringing out soup to a table that just was there long before us.

After being there for more than an hour and no sniff of our food, we told the waitress we were leaving because we had another appointment which we did and we couldn't be late.

The joke of the night became "Where did we go out to eat?" ...ROY'S...."What did we eat?" BURGER KING! because that is what we end up eating.

Roy's food is normally good, portion size is huge...but the service has gotten progressively worst.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Heard that that Texas hot dogs rival those from The Texas Lunch. I am heat to tell that they are NO match for the dogs at Texas Lunch.
The meal wife ordered did not come out correctly the first time. Brought salad out after the dinner.
Roy’s Corner is better for breakfast.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank MichaelC11928
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I am just relocating to Port Jervis from New York City. When we first came upon Roy's it was very nice and just what we needed in a local diner (atmosphere and all). They gave us large helpings and the food was very satisfying. Now more than 3 months later, I have been there 5 times with my kids (who adore the OMG Burgers). The kids and I really love this place and it is one of the homes away from home for us. Roy comes out and says hi to all of his guests and that is much appreciated. Thank you Roy!

Date of visit: August 2017