“Passing through ”

Add it.
Brother Bruno's Pizza Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 41 Restaurants in Port Jervis
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Delivery guy was very personable and friendly. I ordered a dinner, they don’t skimp on quantity or quality. I will return if I’m in the area again.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Took the train from Ridgewood New Jersey to Port Jervis just to see what the ride was like. It was a lot of woods to look at and very Scenic and a very fun ride. We got off in Port Jervis and hope to find some place to get a decent lunch. Stopped in at Brother Bruno's ordered pizza and we're pleasantly surprised. The crust was crispy and just the way a thin Crust Pizza should be. Certainly a good stop off and only a half block from the train station.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Stopped by for a "snack"after the very appealing and scenic train ride to Port Jervis from Hoboken (the ride over the Moodna viaduct is a big treat). Our sample of Brunp's offerings was quite narrow: two pieces of plain pizza that had just been baked. It was quite good, thinnish crust, a decent balance of cheese and sauce. The service was congenial; watching the chef make pizza (one with chicken that is topped with drizzles of ranch dressing) was entertaining and a brief conversation with him was engaging. I wished we had had time for lunch as I would have tried the advertised escarole and bean soup...an old favorite that I was glad to see on the menu board. This is the only restaurant I have visited in PJ, but if it is really only 21st of 27 options, the others must be pretty good, as Bruno's would deserve a higher ranking in most of the towns in which I have eaten pizza!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 14 October 2016

We ordered 2 Large pizzas for take out. We had four different toppings altogether, some with cheese, some without, some with veggies, some plain. Amazingly, our order was perfect.
Taste-wise, I don't think the taste of the pizzas were fabulous, but still good. Staff was nice.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 16 August 2016

We ordered fried calamari, a large white pizza, a large cheese w/pepperoni, and an eggplant parm sandwich. Calamari arrived first, after about 20 minutes, then sandwich, then each pizza separately. The problem? Everything arrived at least 5 minutes apart, leaving those with food in the awkward position of "do I eat in front of those who don't have food, or wait and let mine get cold"? Food was OK, nothing spectacular. Service was very slow and uneven (see above) - very young, chatty staff. We will look elsewhere when we're in the area again.

Date of visit: August 2016